Report: LSU offers Riley 12 Mil a Year

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'll hand it to LSU for going big but I really think Riley turns them down and it will backfire on LSU. Where do you go from offering 12M a year to your first choice then moving on to 2nd and 3rd choices at half that?
That's exactly right. And what's UF going to offer their next mediocre hire? Of course the agent tells UF to pony up and not insult his unproven client. What's UF going to say, "your guy is supposed to be our next great coach but we only want to pay him $4 million"?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of these insane offers are going to backfire. Assistants are going to get tired of making $350k while their boss makes 20 times that.

Jimmy Sexton is a shrewd operator. These weak minded A.D.’s don’t stand a chance with his intellect.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll hand it to LSU for going big but I really think Riley turns them down and it will backfire on LSU. Where do you go from offering 12M a year to your first choice then moving on to 2nd and 3rd choices at half that?
71449968-45B4-482F-A484-A36ACB69DD35.jpeg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Time to move on…yesterday

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of these insane offers are going to backfire. Assistants are going to get tired of making $350k while their boss makes 20 times that.
Bammers assistants make 600-750 base and bonuses push it close to 1 mil.

The days of Fooley paying bottom dollar bc "there are no taxes in Fla" are long gone.

Unless you want to keep hiring from USF and West Texas.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The days of Fooley paying bottom dollar bc "there are no taxes in Fla" are long gone.

Did he really try to make the state income tax argument? :lol: I’m sure whatever he was willing to offer was more than 7% under competition.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Holy kaka, wow. And we pay half that? Alabama announces 2021 salaries for football assistant coaches
When mullenz $1.5 million raise was announced nothing was said about assistant coaches receiving a bump. I wondered about that. If mullen were a stand up guy, and we know he is not, he would have taken less, forked some to assistants, and some to something for his players, if that's allowed. But the schmuck took it all.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Holy kaka, wow. And we pay half that? Alabama announces 2021 salaries for football assistant coaches
When mullenz $1.5 million raise was announced nothing was said about assistant coaches receiving a bump. I wondered about that. If mullen were a stand up guy, and we know he is not, he would have taken less, forked some to assistants, and some to something for his players, if that's allowed. But the schmuck took it all.

Why would you give raises to the plethora of garbage UF has as assistant coaches? All of them are lucky they are not flipping burgers. Even if Cousin Eddie and UF opened the bank to pay assistants, very few if any, good asst. coaches are going to work for/with Cousin Eddie. Only losers want to work with losers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did he really try to make the state income tax argument?
Yup. Still mentions it. Remember he came from Ohio.

Seems clueless that most southern states are tax friendly too and have sunshine.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Why would you give raises to the plethora of garbage UF has as assistant coaches? All of them are lucky they are not flipping burgers. Even if Cousin Eddie and UF opened the bank to pay assistants, very few if any, good asst. coaches are going to work for/with Cousin Eddie. Only losers want to work with losers.
I said or meant mullen the greedy bassturd took it all knowing he makes 12 times what his highest, albeit way overpaid, assistant makes.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We dont pay our assistants much because we dont have good assistants. The anomaly is what we are paying MuLLLLLen

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

NEVER trust the Donkeys information as he just makes it up as he needs it.
Coach Defensive line coach Sal Sunseri
2017 Salary* $590,000 at Florida

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We dont pay our assistants much because we dont have good assistants. The anomaly is what we are paying MuLLLLLen
Actually that's fair. We pay less at the moment but our assistants are so bad they get hacked by other assistants in recruiting. Mullen is overpaid now by $3.5 million, although he's not worth the $4 million he should be paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator