Report: LSU offers Riley 12 Mil a Year

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Baker Mayfield. Kyler Murray. Jalen Hurts. Caleb Williams. Riley has failed to win a single championship with those guys as his QB. That is an exceptional achievement in failure. LSU can have him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Baker Mayfield. Kyler Murray. Jalen Hurts. Caleb Williams. Riley has failed to win a single championship with those guys as his QB. That is an exceptional achievement in failure. LSU can have him.

Typically, you don't win titles by recruiting on just one side of the ball. Riley simply does not get enough talent on defense to beat UGly or the Sabanettes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Typically, you don't win titles by recruiting on just one side of the ball. Riley simply does not get enough talent on defense to beat UGly or the Sabanettes.
They have been weak on defense. My uncle is an OU fan (have family further back that came from Oklahoma) so I've been paying attention to them a bit the last couple of years.

They always have a good offense, but the defense is why they've been in so many close games instead of blowouts. And this in a league where a little bit of defense goes a long way, because NO ONE plays defense in that league.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was told the players mattered more. Spend the money on supporting them.
They matter. Not sure about more. There is no amount of "players" who can fix Dan Mullen however.

knowing this athletic department we will run out and pay a lot of money on another coach with a losing conference record.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
people said that about Spurrier and then he hired a competent defensive coordinator.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They matter. Not sure about more. There is no amount of "players" who can fix Dan Mullen however.

knowing this athletic department we will run out and pay a lot of money on another coach with a losing conference record.
Agreed, so spend on supporting the players. Once we have this structure, a good coach will follow along with the players. Turn this around by supporting the athletes. In theory the athletic and other departments are here for the students and not the other way around.

They are not here for my entertainment (as one of my liberal LSU friends screamed in a drunken rage earlier this year). That’s what we have you for Donk.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They have been weak on defense. My uncle is an OU fan (have family further back that came from Oklahoma) so I've been paying attention to them a bit the last couple of years.

They always have a good offense, but the defense is why they've been in so many close games instead of blowouts. And this in a league where a little bit of defense goes a long way, because NO ONE plays defense in that league.
Lincoln rileys 1st 5 years are better than Bob Stoops last 5 years as far as winning goes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia hasn't played against a decent offense yet. Obviously they have a stout defense but they haven't played anybody legit on offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lincoln rileys 1st 5 years are better than Bob Stoops last 5 years as far as winning goes.
It is really hard to replace OC after OC after OC, even if you find that rare DC who realizes the purpose of the game is to score more points than the other dude.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It proves the point that good offense and mediocre defense is better than the other way around.
I agree with that. At the end of the day, you still have to score more points than the other guy.
Riley does score easier than you do with t-gators mom though :scratchchin:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'll hand it to LSU for going big but I really think Riley turns them down and it will backfire on LSU. Where do you go from offering 12M a year to your first choice then moving on to 2nd and 3rd choices at half that?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll hand it to LSU for going big but I really think Riley turns them down and it will backfire on LSU. Where do you go from offering 12M a year to your first choice then moving on to 2nd and 3rd choices at half that?
12 is just a start….24 is maxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.