Richt FIRED, Kirby Smart to be next UGA coach- College Football New Coaches Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Paxton Lynch would have left anyway when we switched to spread so better utilize Jeff Driskel's inabilty to read the read option.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd bet the Admin at VT is better to deal with than they pressure cooker of the SEC

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
Decision to retain Les Miles was made in meeting of LSU decision makers during 3rd quarter of tonight’s game, per source

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 6m6 minutes ago
LSU decision makers felt media had swayed public and if Les Miles was fired school would have apoeared mean-spirited, per source

These bits of info don't reflect great on LSU. Keeping him is a good decision but it should have been done before the circus and the damage is already done. At this point, Les is just going to look like a lame duck coach to recruits until he does something to cement his status there for years to come.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see him walk out on LSU and take another job. That's what I'd be looking to do.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Virginia, especially the Tidewater area, produces a decent and growing amount of legitimate, Power 5 talent. And given UVa is a trainwreck with London there, Tech has done well pulling talent from all over the state. I think he'll get players, and he has support, a nice stadium (by ACC standards), nice football facilities and a beautiful campus. Given the relative ease of the ACC schedule, if his track record at Memphis is any indication, he should do well. And as others have said, Blacksburg isn't the pressure cooker other jobs would be.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Going to Vatech is like buying a Kia.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After the way they treated him I'd tell them to go fly a kite.
It's because Jimbo turned them down and they panicked.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see that, too, but walking away from $15m would be pretty hard to do.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Even if they are trending down, till we have a QB and K won t they still be better than us eben with Les?
Bayergator

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thing makes no sense. It's time to swoop in and grab any recruits we can. The LSU brass has made it obvious Miles is hanging by a thread.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
Decision to retain Les Miles was made in meeting of LSU decision makers during 3rd quarter of tonight’s game, per source

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 6m6 minutes ago
LSU decision makers felt media had swayed public and if Les Miles was fired school would have apoeared mean-spirited, per source

These bits of info don't reflect great on LSU. Keeping him is a good decision but it should have been done before the circus and the damage is already done. At this point, Les is just going to look like a lame duck coach to recruits until he does something to cement his status there for years to come.

This was the biggest HOAX ever perpetrated by Joe Schad and Bspn and that is saying something....
High ranking source, my azz.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who wins the prize and hires WM?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what's been reported, LSU's admin was listening to the media and had no clue of how their fanbase felt. All the outpouring of support at the game (and on Gatorchatter) forced LSU to retain Miles. Basically, if their hire didn't win big, the fanbase would ask why did they get rid of our coach for something worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator