Richt Spending $1 Million to Help Build Indoor Facility

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
"Miami, one of the few Power 5 schools without an indoor practice facility, has been trying to get the project off the ground for several years without much luck. But Richt's arrival in December has led to increased support and donations for the project, which will house an indoor practice facility in addition to the entire football operations center -- including coaches' offices and a new weight room"

http://espn.go.com/college-football...mark-richt-donating-1-million-indoor-facility

Smart move by Richt. That's his tax write off for the next ten years and it highlights UM's challenges with their facilities.

Now watch the school try and build some half ass facility and cram it in some awkward place. That campus looks like an air force base.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Drain Lake Osceola! We need an indoor practice bubble!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Very good move on his part. Will be interesting to see how long it takes them to come up w/ $20 million. They need to hit up some of their former football players. Those guys were pissing and crying (via social media and in the media) the last few years about Golden. Well, they need to put their money where their mouth is also.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All of their 'star' players from the past have so many bastard children they are supporting and/or large drug habits that they are broke.

Oh, and **** Warren Sapp...with Michael Irvin's dick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Miami, one of the few Power 5 schools without an indoor practice facility, has been trying to get the project off the ground for several years without much luck. But Richt's arrival in December has led to increased support and donations for the project, which will house an indoor practice facility in addition to the entire football operations center -- including coaches' offices and a new weight room"
Can you build something like that in South Fla for 20 mil? I wonder if it will be a quarter-sized field like Fooley wanted to build.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Smart move by him, but reveals how bad things have become at scUM. There is no reason whatsoever he should have to do that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smart move by him, but reveals how bad things have become at scUM. There is no reason whatsoever he should have to do that.
The reason is they are bankrupt.

If you put shyt on the field long enough, the stands will be empty.

I hope Fooley is watching.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Can you build something like that in South Fla for 20 mil? I wonder if it will be a quarter-sized field like Fooley wanted to build.

The UM is within the city limits of Coral Gables, one of the most expensive places to build in the country. They can probably build pretty much what they want on campus,

That's a valid point. The land values in Coral Gables are some of the highest in the nation. But from what I've read, they are going to build it over an existing practice field. Like most schools, they have a several regulation sized fields to practice on.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How much did Richt contribute to the stadium fund?

Oh wait, nevermind

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The UM is within the city limits of Coral Gables, one of the most expensive places to build in the country. They can probably build pretty much what they want on campus. The land values in Coral Gables are some of the highest in the nation. But from what I've read, they are going to build it over an existing practice field. Like most schools, they have a several regulation sized fields to practice on.

I believe this project is slated to break ground in Overtown, from reports I'm hearing, which means they'll be able to get community redevelopment bucks from the city. Apparently the land, which is currently a sewage treatment facility, will be converted to an indoor practice facility. Fortunately there are plenty of honest politicians and building contractors down there to help them out. And UM is nothing if not thrifty. But you need to be thrifty when you are playing in front of 5,200 fans each week, most of whom got their tickets at Burger King.

Jun 2, 2015
All of their 'star' players from the past have so many bastard children they are supporting and/or large drug habits that they are broke.

Oh, and **** Warren Sapp...with Michael Irvin's dick.

Guess our guys just have an overload of testosterone and quite a few have made substantial contributions to the general athletic fund. But, the good news is that at least we don't have any star players from the past sitting in prison for multiple murders., so hopefully they can continue working and donate.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Guess our guys just have an overload of testosterone and quite a few have made substantial contributions to the general athletic fund. But, the good news is that at least we don't have any star players from the past sitting in prison for multiple murders., so hopefully they can continue working and donate.

They have all been put to death already?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Like this one?
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/02/24/former-um-player-super-bowl-champ-arrested-for-murder/

edit:
dammit urg.
200.gif

Fine. How about Ray Lewis. We all know he did it.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta admit, UM now has as HC a good person of strong character. Think about the "faith"
alumni will put into this coach by way of his example. UM should be enabled to kick plenty
of ACC-butt and get into the Top-10 under Richt. And that's good for CFB for Miami to put
positive strides into the headlines.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta admit, UM now has as HC a good person of strong character. Think about the "faith"
alumni will put into this coach by way of his example. UM should be enabled to kick plenty
of ACC-butt and get into the Top-10 under Richt. And that's good for CFB for Miami to put
positive strides into the headlines.

**** that. I hope Miami is forever relegated to the rock-bottom of college football relevance. Can't stand those bastards.

Jun 2, 2015
URGatorBait & BradGator2, Apologies to you both. My bad! Forgot about Glenn Sharp. Assume he is rotting in prison in GA. Not sure if he got life or not and have been unable to find anything on google. Now, about Ray Lewis They could never put him at the scene of the murder and they tried hard to do so from what little I read on the situation. I didn't follow that episode too well; thus, have no particular opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.