Recruiting Rivals #1 WDE Antonneous Clayton

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just announced UF in his top 2.

[video]http://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/4-star-DE-Clemson-top-schools-20447[/video]

Edit: he just announced we now lead after the Tennessee win

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
GatorJ;n285267 said:

Odd you linked a Clemson site, lol. And there is no mention of naming a top 2 (or 4 as seems common on other links).

Here's the article that actually mentions AU & UF. Though it's dated May 2015, and he was only a 3* then (currently 4* from what I can see....for all those negative nellies about us recruiting 3*)

"It has to be Florida and Auburn," Clayton told Rivals. "Every day I get something from Florida, everyday I get something from Auburn."

The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder made his first trip to Gainesville last weekend. He grew up a fan of the Gators after watching Dante Fowler Jr. wreak havoc in The Swamp.

He plans to visit the Plains May 30 for Big Cat Weekend, Auburn's biggest recruiting event of the spring.

His relationship with the Tigers not only stems from defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, but his cousin and former Dooly County teammate Montravious Adams, who currently stars at defensive tackle for Auburn.

Can't wait for AU to fail and WM to be fired and the kid will be all about UF.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they'll see the opportunity to play at Auburn since their line is playing like dog****

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;285290 said:
Odd you linked a Clemson site, lol. And there is no mention of naming a top 2 (or 4 as seems common on other.

Here's some quotes from an ESPN article that came out a couple hours ago:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=72095

"I’m really starting to like Oregon — I’ve been talking a lot with those guys. Also, I’ve been talking with Clemson a lot too,” Clayton said. "I’ve been talking with those teams a lot and really like them but Florida and Auburn would have to be my leaders. There’s still a couple of months until signing day though and I still haven’t taken my visits so that can change or vary. I’m not really worried about that stuff right now.”

"My cousin is (Auburn defensive tackle) Montravious Adams. After the coaches told me what it would be like, I went back and asked him -- just to be safe -- if what they were telling me was true. He said, ‘yeah, yeah man everything they are telling you is true, they aren’t misleading you at all.’ Another thing I like about Auburn is that I don’t really hit them up, they hit me up a lot and see how my family is doing and how I’m doing and things like that.”

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I could find the quote Muschamp said about playing defense for an uptempo team.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Duncechump continues the great job and his cousin sours on him. I'd be more worried about Dabo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@MistaAlderman: Rivals100 DE Antonneous Clayton says #Florida leads now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.