Roper press conference notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
threatmatrix;n66572 said:
One man's class is another man's caving.
Enjoy.

Caving to what exactly? As far as I can tell no one complained, and no one asked for anything to be changed. Fewer boob images was just input in response to a question on how the board might appeal to more women. I guess you'd rather look at pictures of women than actually engage with them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is threatmatrix:alone:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, let it go. Back on topic.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Since we're off topic which is against the rules by the way, what happened to the comments ? Are we ever going to get a "back to forum" button like the old GSMB ?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n66584 said:
Since we're off topic which is against the rules by the way, what happened to the comments ? Are we ever going to get a "back to forum" button like the old GSMB ?
Go to the Suggestions section of the forum to see the thread on comments - not going to rehash it here. We'll get a return to forum button when the software allows it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n66589 said:
Will this be before I start collecting Social Security ?
Is it whiner night on the GCMB? Good Christ. Everyone wants to put in a complaint about something.

I'm going to bed.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dayam. Why can't everyone appreciate the fact we have an alternative to GSMB? The only complaint I have concerns our lack of a real head coach. Otherwise this board is doing just fine the way it is thank you very much...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Swamp Queen;n66626 said:
I personally think we need more boobs on the site.

80s-kid-thumbs-up-computer-yospos-13643498000_zps45ee0188.gif

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
(sorry for jumping back to off thread,, bunch of posts require response)

Hey! the question was what could be done to attract more women.

HogtowGator had a viable answer. She has since given you information about why women left GSMB. And this is indeed a real reason women don't post or read.. Do with it what you want.

Let me remind everyone, that HogtownGator and I did not bring this up. It was an innocent question, too. Obviously, it hits hot spots.And obviously some folks do not understand what type of pic or the message it sends I know this, because this board is a good group of guys. I refer everyone back to my post about why I feel welcome here. Sheesh. I posted once on an NFL board, and did not reveal gender, nor did they know. . Here, I felt it would be "safe" to reveal my gender.

BTW, on swamp gas I have read the grossed out reactions when women have reversed the tables a bit with their avatars-.and those were not emphasizing mostly exposed body parts that are highly sexually charged in our culture. Maybe you guys wouldn't have the same reaction. , The fact is, women I know, also don't get off on pictures of men's culturally defined sexual parts. however, when the beefcake type pics ( shirt off,) have been posted in avatars I think it was more to make a point.

ThreatMatrix I am forever sorry that my hibiscus flower, a symbol of an edible/medicinal plant family,- something that is an interest to me-, objectifies you or your gender.(that is, reduces you to a sexually stimulating body part rather than the fascinating being you are) . Or is it really that you are a secret pinkist? . :lol: (truth is, magenta or whatever color it is, would not have been my first choice, but the roselle calyxes did not work in that micro size space..) Either way, I beg your forgiveness.

At the time I needed an avatar that would be visible at the microsize of the first avatars here, so I was looking for something with little detail and few lines ( it's the artist perfectionist part of me) There were no gatorchatter avatars to choose from and I guess there are now. Was thinking of changing to something more football ish as the season has started. The offensive pink hibiscus was an aesthetic decision from a limited selection. not intended to flaunt estrogen all over the place.

Bear in mind, that I had no clue how to find an avatar, and my google searches did not reveal any decent sports ones, or any half way minimally acceptable ones, and the gator ones I saw were taken. I still don't know how to find one, btw., so if someone wants to clue me in, pm me.

Now back to football.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a female that has posted on GSMB and other male dominated boards for the last 4+ years....it's best to just lighten up and not let avatar images or other images upset you. Guys like boobs, guys like butts...it is what it is. I make objectified comments about guys as well. It's just few and far between b/c there aren't other females to join the cause. But I'm all for half naked pictures of guys like Ryan Gosling if anyone wants to post them!

Not calling anyone out, just stating how it is on a male dominated medium.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;66638 said:
(sorry for jumping back to off thread,, bunch of posts require response) Hey! the question was what could be done to attract more women. HogtowGator had a viable answer. She has since given you information about why women left GSMB. And this is indeed a real reason women don't post or read.. Do with it what you want. Let me remind everyone, that HogtownGator and I did not bring this up. It was an innocent question, too. Obviously, it hits hot spots.And obviously some folks do not understand what type of pic or the message it sends I know this, because this board is a good group of guys. I refer everyone back to my post about why I feel welcome here. Sheesh. I posted once on an NFL board, and did not reveal gender, nor did they know. . Here, I felt it would be "safe" to reveal my gender. BTW, on swamp gas I have read the grossed out reactions when women have reversed the tables a bit with their avatars-.and those were not emphasizing mostly exposed body parts that are highly erotically charged in our culture. Maybe you guys wouldn't have the same reaction. , The fact is, women I know, also don't get off on pictures of men's culturally defined sexual parts. however, when the beefcake type pics ( shirt off,) have been posted in avatars I think it was more to make a point. ThreatMatrix I am forever sorry that my hibiscus flower, a symbol of an edible/medicinal plant family,- something that is an interest to me-, objectifies you or your gender.(that is, reduces you to a sexually stimulating body part rather than the fascinating being you are) . Or is it really that you are a secret pinkist? . :lol: (truth is, magenta or whatever color it is, would not have been my first choice, but the roselle calyxes did not work in that micro size space..) Either way, I beg your forgiveness. At the time I needed an avatar that would be visible at the microsize of the first avatars here, so I was looking for something with little detail and few lines ( it's the artist perfectionist part of me) There were no gatorchatter avatars to choose from and I guess there are now. Was thinking of changing to something more football ish as the season has started. The offensive pink hibiscus was an aesthetic decision from a limited selection. not intended to flaunt estrogen all over the place. Bear in mind, that I had no clue how to find an avatar, and my google searches did not reveal any decent sports ones, or any half way minimally acceptable ones, and the gator ones I saw were taken. I still don't know how to find one, btw., so if someone wants to clue me in, pm me. Now back to football.
If you need an avi of a chiseled, beefcake guy to make a point just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator