RUMOR: Mullen is out

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That’s two now. How long before Mullen erupts? :lol:

Could also very much substantiate the idea that it’s mutual and he’s made it clear he wants to part ways.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I’m just waiting for one of the assistant coaches to retweet my “Has Mullen been canned yet?” tweets :lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We need someone that has the passion and energy to run thru brick walls to land a recruit and win games. I remember reading a story about Gruden years ago about how he woke at 3:17 am every day and got into the office and worked tirelessly. Someone with the passion of Tebow, but work ethic of a Gruden who won't sleep until they signed a Top 2 Signing Class and won a Natty. Makes me wonder why not go after McVay? Young, not married, high energy and offensive mind who's a risk taker.

Sure, many of you will bash this, but I don't see anyone throwing out any "whales" we could pluck out of another job somewhere and hire them to take us to glory.
Let me get this straight, your idea is we entice Sean McVay away from the LA Rams to come to Gainesville and coach the Gators? A guy who has been exclusively coaching in the NFL since his early 20's and was hired as the youngest HC in modern NFL history where he has had significant success taking his team to the Super Bowl in his second year and currently sitting in first place in the NFC West? I don't know why no one else thought of this. Shoot, someone tell Stricklin before UCONN finds out and takes a pass on Mora or Ole Miss strings him along in case they need to replace Kiffin.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It explains Mullen’s oddball celebratory behavior after the game. He knows he’s out. He’s decided to foster an us versus them atmosphere as his final act of defiance. The players are mere pawns.
I think you're giving Cousin Eddie too much credit. It's the same guy that dressed up as Darth Vadar and in a Halloween costume. He's just weirdly arrogant.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t tease us until the head is in a bag. We have suffered enough disappointment;)
You have that right. I'll believe it when I see his head on a platter. I'll even dance Salome's dance, even though it's after the fact.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Let me get this straight, your idea is we entice Sean McVay away from the LA Rams to come to Gainesville and coach the Gators? A guy who has been exclusively coaching in the NFL since his early 20's and was hired as the youngest HC in modern NFL history where he has had significant success taking his team to the Super Bowl in his second year and currently sitting in first place in the NFC West? I don't know why no one else thought of this. Shoot, someone tell Stricklin before UCONN finds out and takes a pass on Mora or Ole Miss strings him along in case they need to replace Kiffin.
Shucks, a guy like that would be glad to leave the cushy NFL and hit the recruiting trail. However, I think we would have a better chance of getting Urbs away from JAX, In other words, it's not going to happen.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Fickell wouldn’t be at the top for me but he would still be a substantial upgrade over Mullen.

Even Franklin and Kiffin are options even though I would want neither.
I don't know about that. Fickell reminds me of Urbs at Utah. After all, who goes undefeated at Cincinatti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator