RUMOR: Mullen is out

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We should be rolling out the red carpet for Venables.

200.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some guy on 247 posting that rumor floating that Fuchs is going to retire.
Even better.

And why not? after completing the incredible achievement of elevating us from number 37 to number 28-33rd ranked National University.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I still remember keeping the Chump around for another year. It's obvious this admin does not want to fire him. Otherwise, why wait and see. Don't be surprised if the clown get another year.

Last week, in the days prior to the Samford debacle, a sports radio commentator here in Atlanta said the same thing…the administration liked Dan & didn’t want to fire him. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last week, in the days prior to the Samford debacle, a sports radio commentator here in Atlanta said the same thing…the administration liked Dan & didn’t want to fire him. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
what is a sports radio commentator in Atlanta know about what's going on in Gainesville?

I can tell you unequivocally almost no one who works with Dan Mullen likes him, period. College coaches don't like him, high School coaches don't like him, high school players don't like him, parents don't like him. when he was here before in 2008 the people in the athletic department didn't like him.

what may have been true is that Strickland didn't want to admit he made a terrible decision hire and made three terrible contract extensions. he probably has little confidence he can do better in the next round of hiring. As best I can tell Stricklin's been involved in hiring two HCs and each time he hired the ugly duckling leftover standing alone in the corner, Dan Mullen. I can believe that part.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This administration has never done anything to convince me they have the guts (or desire) to do what it takes to build a championship caliber football program. Now, with all of the open head coaching positions on the market (even if they actually wanted to fire Dan), I do not believe they will want to compete with other schools for a new coach. It would be nice to see them flush the sh!tter, and then throw down the gauntlet in the coaching market, but that’s just not their style.

So, for multiple reasons, I don’t expect Dan to go anywhere.
I agree with this. Especially the non-competitive part. As Florida's flagship university, we should be able to compete with anyone in college football, but we won't. And we don't. But at least we're all vaxxed and masked up on the bus. Get ready for even more below averageness next season. Sh!tter's Full forever!

Flush! The! Sh!tter!
Flush. The. Sh!tter.
Flush. The. Sh!tter.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
what is a sports radio commentator in Atlanta know about what's going on in Gainesville?

I can tell you unequivocally almost no one who works with Dan Mullen likes him, period. College coaches don't like him, high School coaches don't like him, high school players don't like him, parents don't like him. when he was here before in 2008 the people in the athletic department didn't like him.
Santa doesn’t like him. Shoot, even Jesus doesn’t like him and He loves everyone.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

what may have been true is that Strickland didn't want to admit he made a terrible decision hire and made three terrible contract extensions. he probably has little confidence he can do better in the next round of hiring. As best I can tell Stricklin's been involved in hiring two HCs and each time he hired the ugly duckling leftover standing alone in the corner, Dan Mullen. I can believe that part.

Reporters have their sources. I don’t know if it’s true & you can choose to believe it or not but logically speaking, if they didn’t want to keep Dan then why is he still there? They’ve seen the same shytshow we have and yet they still haven’t made a move. Does winning, or losing for that matter, the last 3 games (again, this is going back to last week. before the Samford game) really show us anything new? The answer is no, we all know what Mullen is…yet he still has a job. It’s obvious they don’t want to get rid of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.