Rumor: Noles to Big10?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see them leaving the All Cupcake Conference,, it's only of late that they finally have had a team, Clemson, that gave them competition. Plus why move to a league where they have a greater chance of playing in the snow... their schedule won't get easier

god bless them if they go :lol:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Both teams would be dumb to leave the ACC, but money talks and the Big 10 wants a coast to coast nationwide footprint--and has both the money and tv contracts to make it happen.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna be tough for Clemson and fsu to get out of the ACC.
Huge penalties to leave the ACC. No way the Nulls can afford the buyout unless the Big 10 is willing to foot the bill…and I can’t see why they would be willing to do that.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Huge penalties to leave the ACC. No way the Nulls can afford the buyout unless the Big 10 is willing to foot the bill…and I can’t see why they would be willing to do that.

They'd have a toehold in the Southeast/Florida markets, which is probably sufficient for their purposes.

While they'll always be a Midwest-oriented league, they have a local tv presence in NYC, DC, and LA...and tossing in the Pacific NW and Southeast will only help them get a much larger tv package.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah, in an article a year or so ago, it was well over $100M for them to get out

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Looks like Sas gave you a
loony2.gif
reaction.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Just read that a deal was in place for the semi’s to pay ACC 30 mil. A year for 10 years.

Dont want to see those basterds in the SEC, BIG 10 can have their stink ass.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What could fsu bring to the SEC? They would benefit from the revenues, but would the SEC and member schools benefit from their entry? I wouldn't think so.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"FSU's AD Alford then explained it would cost about $120 million for Florida State to leave the ACC. Then there's still the matter of the ACC's grant of media rights. As it currently stands, if Florida State were to leave the ACC, the conference would control its media rights until 2036."

No TV proceeds from Noles and Clemsux games for the SEC or BIG 10 for 13 years......

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
"FSU's AD Alford then explained it would cost about $120 million for Florida State to leave the ACC. Then there's still the matter of the ACC's grant of media rights. As it currently stands, if Florida State were to leave the ACC, the conference would control its media rights until 2036."

No TV proceeds from Noles an=d Clemsux games for the SEC or BIG 10 for 13 years......
Yeah, the article I read a year or so ago (I think someone posted in here) basically said that they had completely screwed themselves and there was no leaving any time soon... who knows, we'll see.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
They'd have a toehold in the Southeast/Florida markets, which is probably sufficient for their purposes.

While they'll always be a Midwest-oriented league, they have a local tv presence in NYC, DC, and LA...and tossing in the Pacific NW and Southeast will only help them get a much larger tv package.

You forgot to mention The Villages TV market.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what everyone is saying, either fsu is stuck in a lame-duck conference they don't want to be in or they lose 9 figures in money they can't afford to lose. Works for me.

Ron Swanson Smile GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator