Rumors on Will Grier

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has advised to stay away so he's not a distraction?
I'm guessing this is the most likely scenario. Grier won't be on the sidelines if he's suspended. He won't be anywhere near the team on game day if he's suspended. Maybe Mac told him to focus on school work instead of going to practice. Many different possibilities here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea where you got this, but assuming it's true, no, it does not sound good.
It's been posted here many times by others. Someone even provided an article about it, but I have no idea where. Nav probably merged it into the coaching thread.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I've got a source out here who tells me he's thinking about transferring to USCe to play with a new progressive coach they are going to hire. He says he can play anywhere immediately after his suspension is up since he will not have played for a full year.

:worried:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've got a source out here who tells me he's thinking about transferring to USCe to play with a new progressive coach they are going to hire. He says he can play anywhere immediately after his suspension is up since he will not have played for a full year.

:worried:

The sit out can not be concurrent. Re-eval your source.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think because he is one of two players in all of the NCAA that was dumb enough to get himself banned.

I don't think anyone wants him to leave. I haven't seen it. He definitely showed promise against Ole Miss and one quarter vs Tinerc. However, given the monumental stupidity of getting himself banned and the self-absorbed silliness of his hoverdad, I don't think anyone will be surprised if he does something else stupid.

Law, something tells me McElwain has a sort of "biblical" sense of justice. I don't know why I think that either, I just do. But I see him putting a back-up plan into place, while allowing Grier to stay with the team, and to work (and work HARD) to earn his way back into the starting job. He strikes me as a "pour encouragement de les autres" (WWI phrase, when the French would should 1 in 10 to "encourage the others") kind of guy. He's going to use Grier as an object lesson. And Grier will either rise or fail, and Mac will use THAT as an object lesson for the team as well.

I doubt whether "HoverDad" (love that!) will be smart enough to learn the lesson. These DanceMom parents are ridiculous.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I don't think it should be surprising if Grier isn't attending practices at this time. It wouldn't make sense to give him practice reps during the season when he can't help us out on the field. With such a limited amount of practice time allotted each day, those reps should logically go to players that may see action this season. Now spring practice, and possibly bowl game practice, are a different story where Grier should be practicing and preparing with the team.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it should be surprising if Grier isn't attending practices at this time. It wouldn't make sense to give him practice reps during the season when he can't help us out on the field. With such a limited amount of practice time allotted each day, those reps should logically go to players that may see action this season. Now spring practice, and possibly bowl game practice, are a different story where Grier should be practicing and preparing with the team.
He'd make a helluva scout team QB

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good grief. I haven't read all of this thread, but I've read more than enough.

1. Grier is the the closest thing we've got to a know, good quantity. The likelihood that he is or can be good-to-great is much higher than Treon, Del Rio or any of the 3 or 4 potential incoming freshmen. If we can have him back next year, we want him. Period. (I'll trust the coaches manage the psychology of the other QB's and how the possibility of Grier taking over in game 7 affects them and the rest of the team.)

2. I have seen no credible evidence to suggest that he has seriously considered transferring and it doesn't seem like something that would be logically beneficial for him.

3. Therefore, until I hear something credible, I won't worry about him leaving (or :worried: for 5 pages of speculation). I'll anticipate him returning with a fury!

:chomp:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Something that bothers me a little bit on this topic is I get the feeling most on here would prefer him to leave.....I don't understand why? He didn't kill anybody. He didn't assault or rape anyone. And taking into account he was a first year player, I thought he did pretty damned good. He was the first QB we've had in 6 years that didn't sh!t all over himself when he saw a blitz coming. BTW, he's not leaving. Why all the negativity about this?
I swear the place reminds me of the View or People Mag. with all the fckn stupid gossip. They all have him transferring and know the reason why. Does his family post here? I hope he comes back and stays a gator. You can never have to many players at ANY position.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I swear the place reminds me of the View or People Mag. with all the fckn stupid gossip. They all have him transferring and know the reason why. Does his family post here? I hope he comes back and stays a gator. You can never have to many players at ANY position.
Wait, you watch the View?
:ugh:

In all seriousness, I hope he stays too.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll stay. He'll play. He'll be great. And all you idiots that wanted him to go, for whatever reason, will look like.....well.....idiots.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why can't Grier's return to the game be just like a top QB returning from injury.
That type of event occurs over and over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He'll stay. He'll play. He'll be great. And all you idiots that wanted him to go, for whatever reason, will look like.....well.....idiots.
Who wants him to go???

I have no one say or hint that. Ive just heard people call him a moron for getting himself banned.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He'd make a helluva scout team QB

Hopefully you're being sarcastic with your comment. That wouldn't do Grier or the Gators any good. He'd spend more time learning the opposing team's offense so as to simulate them in practice while getting the crap pounded out of him by our 1st team defense during live scrimmages. I don't really see the benefit to either side.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hopefully you're being sarcastic with your comment. That wouldn't do Grier or the Gators any good. He'd spend more time learning the opposing team's offense so as to simulate them in practice while getting the crap pounded out of him by our 1st team defense during live scrimmages. I don't really see the benefit to either side.
It might be nice for the DB's to actually get some practice though.:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.