Founding Member
quizzical.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n224971 said:
Remind me, how many came to UF?

Ignoring talent, wherever it resides, is simply stupid.

Never said to ignore every state outside of FL. And this is probably SOP anyhow. But I'd like us to start getting our home grown talent. That's when the tide will turn not grabbing 1-2 kids from TX or Cali.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;224988 said:
Never said to ignore every state outside of FL. And this is probably SOP anyhow. But I'd like us to start getting our home grown talent. That's when the tide will turn not grabbing 1-2 kids from TX or Cali.

Agreed. I can't believe how quickly we lost grip on the state.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n224991 said:

I can...especially on the offensive side of the ball. What top recruit woulda wanted to play it that offense?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Like I told my trusty sidekick wobble . I don't see us getting many Texas kids unless we're their best offer, like that kid we signed this year. Too many schools closer to home for these kids.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n224996 said:
I can...especially on the offensive side of the ball. What top recruit woulda wanted to play it that offense?

This...if we can start putting points up and look exciting...they will come. Dumpball was archaic and easy to negative recruit against.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Subtract at least one star from every player in Texas. They're consistently overrated. If I recall correctly (and I might not - I'm getting old), Spurrier stopped recruiting in Texas because every superstar he pulled in turned out to be a dud.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n224999 said:
Like I told my trusty sidekick wobble .
I never have seen a dawg in a wolfpack.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MJMGator;n224996 said:
So while FSU was pulling in 5 star offensive recruits Muskchimp was pulling Morningwood?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n225207 said:
So while FSU was pulling in 5 star offensive recruits Muskchimp was pulling Morningwood?

And he couldn't even do THAT right.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n224991 said:
It's pretty simple how we lost the state. Muschamp didn't offer a lot of the top talent and when he did offer he didn't recruit them after he offered them. Scarlett and Cronkite said they got offers from UF but after that they didn't hear from Chumps staff. If he did that with the rest of the top talent in the state it's no wonder why they went elsewhere.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What I meant by that statement was that as awesome and jaw-dropping as we were less than half a decade ago, one coach was able to single-handedly destroy the program and disable it to such an extreme that we're having to scrounge for talent from second and third tier program in our own state when we are the flagship university. It's not so much the fall as it is how precipitous , quick, and overwhelming it was.

You only see this happen to programs that were heavily sanctioned by the NCAA.

Just remarkable.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Does anybody have access to Luke Stampini's article about QB targets? Nuss and Dixon went to visit the TX Duo at Westfield HS yesterday and watch their spring game and something happened because it says "One less contender as QB target." Did Cole tell us he wasn't interested or did he have a poor showing? I was really thinking this dude would be a steal. Can somebody help this tight As$ out please?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n225308 said:
What I meant by that statement was that as awesome and jaw-dropping as we were less than half a decade ago, one coach was able to single-handedly destroy the program and disable it to such an extreme that we're having to scrounge for talent from second and third tier program in our own state when we are the flagship university. It's not so much the fall as it is how precipitous , quick, and overwhelming it was.

You only see this happen to programs that were heavily sanctioned by the NCAA.

Just remarkable.

How many times did we hear the "what harm is there in giving him one more year?" line back in late 2013/early 2014?

CFB is so much about timing. We scored big when we made a debatable move back in 2004. But that move also likely led to us landing a majority of that 2006 class, which was the backbone of 2 titles. One year later, who knows what our trophy case looks like. Foley had always been a proactive guy, but suddenly became very reactionary, and it probably cost us half a decade. As you say, it's crazy to think about it, but it happens just that fast. The flipside, and glimmer of hope, ironically is fsu's rise back to the top in just a few years. We can do that as well. It's just going to take a few years.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Law98gator;n224883 said:
That's the way it is for a new coach. If the last guy hadn't effed it up, he wouldn't have been fired. SOS had the same handicap and brought in a class that won 4 SECs and 1 NC. Meyer brought in the guys that won 2 SECs and 2 NCs.

Either they get this staff gets their recruiting mojo, and fast, or they end up like Soon and Chimp. This weight til 2017 for a good class and wait til 2020 til we are decent again theory won't fly. Champions get it done. Losers make excuses.

Law man, can't believe I am saying this but I actually agree with this... now let me go :puke:.... :giggle:... j/k law man...sort of

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator