Rustic fluffy tall brown butter pancakes

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1 Cup Martha White with Hot-Rize, sifted into mixing bowl (if all purpose is used add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
Stir dry ingredients into sifted flour to incorporate w

THis information will be valuable to me soon. I have cooked many types of home made pancakes and
the flour info is what I have been looking for.
btw I got some bear sausage recently and will post my critique of that when I try it.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK, made breakfast for dinner tonight..pancakes with bacon and fried eggs. I fried the bacon first and normally would have poured the grease off and cleaned the pan and used a little butter for the pancakes. But I remembered Brad saying he went camping last week and forgot to bring a sanitary pad to hold the pan and dump the grease so he fried his pancakes in the grease. So I said what the hell let me try this. Since I fried about 1/2 pound of bacon, I had about 1/2 " of grease in the pan. Almost looked like making funnel cakes at the fair. These things puffed up like a coon caught redhanded in your trash can. These things are at least 3/4" thick, had a great flavor and were fluffy as hell.
DSC03491_zps4d2aqxa2.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
cooter - if I may ask a personal question - what does your cholesterol number look like?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK, made breakfast for dinner tonight..pancakes with bacon and fried eggs. I fried the bacon first and normally would have poured the grease off and cleaned the pan and used a little butter for the pancakes. But I remembered Brad saying he went camping last week and forgot to bring a sanitary pad to hold the pan and dump the grease so he fried his pancakes in the grease. So I said what the hell let me try this. Since I fried about 1/2 pound of bacon, I had about 1/2 " of grease in the pan. Almost looked like making funnel cakes at the fair. These things puffed up like a coon caught redhanded in your trash can. These things are at least 3/4" thick, had a great flavor and were fluffy as hell.
DSC03491_zps4d2aqxa2.jpg

Does that cup, or glass, have a big mouth bass on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.