SC Coach Fitzgerald accepts job to Boston College

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Butter's third year had that "everything is falling apart" feel to it. This seems like that times 10.

You mean the second the bowl game of the second season he was on national television questioning the commitment of the administration on Football? I mean that didn't show where he stood with them at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean the second the bowl game of the second season he was on national television questioning the commitment of the administration on Football? I mean that didn't show where he stood with them at all.
It was basically the only good thing he did here.

He isn't a good coach. He is up there living in a barn, losing and soon- to-be-fired in the Mid-American Conference, making Fooley's hiring decision look that much worse. However he was dead right on our athletic dept's pathetic commitment to football.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
it was basically the only good thing he did here.

He was right, and the indoor facilities people bragging about Napier "building here" were all started with Butters. Butters is a personal piece of schit, but he did start dragging our program to the 21st century, with a full-sized indoor practice facility and the upgrade facilities/upgrades. Napier did start the increased analyst budget, but that pretty much begins and ends his contribution to the is point in his tenure.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well, even if Napier blows it and we decline further as a brand and program, would do no good to fire him unless a real HC is available.
Yeah because it would be impossible to find an upgrade to slingblade. You guys say the same things every time we are suffering through a loser coach who is going to get fired before the end of the next season.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Well, even if Napier blows it and we decline further as a brand and program, would do no good to fire him unless a real HC is available.
If you step in dog****, do you take your shoes off and throw them out on the deck or do you just keep wearing them because...well....there aren't any other shoes available?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If you step in dog****, do you take your shoes off and throw them out on the deck or do you just keep wearing them because...well....there aren't any other shoes available?
I'd go barefoot. At least if you step in poo again, it's easy to wash you feet.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah because it would be impossible to find an upgrade to slingblade. You guys say the same things every time we are suffering through a loser coach who is going to get fired before the end of the next season.

Hey, I think the guy is ignorant and full of himself. Terrible hire, terrible staff, has no reach, settles for mediocre people in his group. I was only saying that it does little good to fire him if all Stricksuck has in his bag is the next loser. Leaves us in the same place. Stricklin is a Foley-like rabbit hunter.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hey, I think the guy is ignorant and full of himself. Terrible hire, terrible staff, has no reach, settles for mediocre people in his group. I was only saying that it does little good to fire him if all Stricksuck has in his bag is the next loser. Leaves us in the same place. Stricklin is a Foley-like rabbit hunter.

Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Mike Vrabel, Ron Rivera......would all be an immediate improvement.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
It's almost as if Napier is a type of Frankenstein's monster cobbled together from the absolute worst parts of every loser to have ever coached at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator