Scott Stricklin kills it in press conference

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin has gotten some criticism and from me as well. But the way he conducted himself at this presser, I have to say that I was pleased with how he's handled it. Not to mention he is going to save us some cash. BUT......that's only part of it. Now the shroud has fallen and it's all on you SS. Now go out and get us a damn good ball coach.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I hear Fuchs was the one up in arms, but I'll give Stricklin his credit where it's due.

After I rake him over the coals for extending Mac four months ago. :giggity:

Football may be King, but if the Prez wanted action, then he shall get action.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think you guys are missing something or it may be my many years in sales/business......You don't just give a press conference like that UNLESS you already have someone...We have a new coach and we probably have for several weeks now....Monday and the UGA game just sped things up a little.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Starkville Mediocrity. The fact that the 9 players in any way shape or form haven't been told to GFTO permanently is a big red flag. Piss on the student hearing, they all were selfish and embarrassed UF, NONE of them deserve to be on campus ever again, much less wear the orange and blue uniform.

Strychnine said all the right things, but so did Fooley. The fact Fooley has his ear at all adds to the doubt I have that this hire will be a good one and be just like Fooleys past two, a royal cluster****, and not telling the 9 players to pound sand will have the NCAA lurking.

Just my .02, and god I hope I am 1,000,000% wrong.
That's the spirit. :suicide:

Good God man we just got a huge gift, getting rid of Mac 18 months early. We haven't caught a break like this since Tebow left. Let's try a little optimism.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's the spirit. :suicide:

Good God man we just got a huge gift, getting rid of Mac 18 months early. We haven't caught a break like this since Tebow left. Let's try a little optimism.

The last three football coach hires by the AD have all failed, miserably, dating back to 2002. Foley had zilch to do with Urbs, that was all Bernie.

Like I said, I want to choke on crow.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If Fuchs was the one up in arms over McElwain's comments about the death threats that could be interpreted in one of two ways.
(1) Fuchs really cares about football after all
OR
(2) Fuchs doesn't really care about what happens with the football team just so long as it doesn't cause any embarrassment to the university.

Whatever the case in the end McElwain "died" not at the hands of an irate Gator fan but by the hand of his own sword.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The last three football coach hires by the AD have all failed, miserably, dating back to 2002. Foley had zilch to do with Urbs, that was all Bernie.

Like I said, I want to choke on crow.
Yes, I've been a Gator fan through all damn three of them. However, Foley ain't calling the shots this time. I'm willing to give Stricklin a chance before I make threats on his life.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I've been a Gator fan through all damn three of them. However, Foley ain't calling the shots this time. I'm willing to give Stricklin a chance before I make threats on his life.

Not threatening his life Ox, just not confident in the fact that Foley has his ear at all in this process.

He did leave the door wide open for any coach not working with the reference to the early signing period in December. IMO, that puts guys like Kelly, Gruden, Miles, etc. to the head of the list.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He is a grad of Starkville and cut his administrative teeth there. He has Foley still in the building.

Seems like a nice guy. Not the issue. The two strikes against him in the sentence above, along with a weak kneed response to student athletes facing felony charges, are not confidence boosters.

Again, I want y'all to bring this post back in a year or two and force feed me the crow laced with cow ****. Trust me, I would love every morsel, but I'm unfortunately not worrying about it.

It may take more than two years to know if you’ll get that dish. I’m not interested in a “splash” hire unless the splash is based on that perfect fit & timing like when SOS and Meyer were hired. The hot young commodity is Frost. Stoops is young - 57 - but expressly rejected ever being a HC again. I distrust Kelly.

And my list of coaches I covet but we couldn’t get is short too: Franklin, Meyer, Saban, Dabo, Peterson.

I’m hoping to learn more about other promising prospects in the weeks ahead but I’m pretty sure they won’t ask me.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I was really impressed with his presser. The gator nation needed that. I will sleep much better tonight. Take no imput from JF please.
Actually most is done through the agent. Not being able to contact the coach directly until the season is over is no problem. You can bet lots of agents want to receive a call from him. It will be interesting to see who we get. I think we have some good days ahead. I would love to see us hold the commitments we have and add enough to be a top three class. Goooo Gators!!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think you guys are missing something or it may be my many years in sales/business......You don't just give a press conference like that UNLESS you already have someone...We have a new coach and we probably have for several weeks now....Monday and the UGA game just sped things up a little.

In October? I doubt it.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I’m so stoked that Foley is not making this hire, I think we all are. That’s what is making all this positive.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

You just made our settlement with Mac go up 5 million $$$.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Foley should be barred from the games. He single-handly almost took our program to the very bottom.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I bet it was a mutual agreement between both parties. The McElwains probably haven’t had any sleep since Monday. You can bet she’s ready to go back to Montana.
It was relief for them for this to happen.
Thank God and Greyhound they are gone!

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014

I see this oft-repeated line here (and elsewhere) a lot. I've never seen anything but speculation to back it up.

If Foley gets crap for Zook, Chump and Mac.. give him credit for Urbs.. of course, that still makes him 1 for 4. Pretty much a garbage average.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well, we know he can handle a presser. Let's see how well he handles the task of bringing "the best available coach" to Florida. There'll be plenty of competition. Make it happen, bro.

"In Stricklin We Trust"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator