Scrimmage Presser Now! 2:40 ET.. link in post

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the update, ATX. Since C.J. Worton was rumored to have the best hands on the team, I really hope that he can get healthy.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks ATX, sounds like they didn't do half bad for their first scrimmage.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n260951 said:
The offense seems to allow a negative play to impact the next couple of plays. Need to have a short memory and keep competiing every singe play

That's the mark of a young team. Just gonna have to deal with it.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These guys still have over 20 days left of practice before our first game. They'll get better. Practice makes perfect.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
TheBigClaw;n260986 said:
These guys still have over 20 days left of practice before our first game. They'll get better. Practice makes perfect.

Always hated that quote.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I always read it the other way - we keep dropping balls in practice so it becomes reflex in game situations.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Gator Fever;260969 said:
Yep probably around 7 wins - Mac stays positive but you can tell by how he is talking he knows we have major issues on offense.

As long as we improve from last year's offense we should be able to win 8 or 9 with our defense playing great this season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
7 should be the lowest amount- should have 5 go ahead wins vs NMSU, ECU, FAU, Vandy, and Kentucky. Even though Kentucky won't be easy I'm giving us the nod there. Then Tennessee is at home, then should get at least 1 more win.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rest assured Stoops is pissed with the outcome of the game in Gainesville last year.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
GatorJ;n261058 said:
He's pissed with Matt Rollin. Looks to be particularly aggravated with wide receivers. Doesn't understand why Ahmad Fullwood just doesn't go up and grab the damn ball.

https://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Is Rolin soft? Ow my ankle. Ow my elbow. Ow my knee. Mac seems very over it.

It's been awhile since our WRs had any sort of real mentoring. Hope Mac can help them maximize whatever potential they have.

I agree, three weeks of practice gives them time to still work on things.

I like how Mac intends to use the IPF rain or shine over the course of the season to keep the team from getting too ground down. He said he learned from a "master" on this topic.

Something positive on the offense from OLB Jarrad Davis:
“Throughout this whole camp and the past couple days they've been doing some things to really challenge us as a defense,” he said. “It's not just go out there and run this way and make a play on defense. Now, you have to make some reads and really get to your spot because the offense can really hurt us.
“It's definitely more difficult to stop our offense now than it was the past couple of years."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;261069 said:
SDS calls the presser an indictment of the way Muschump damaged the psyche of the team. Players are so afraid to get chewed out for a mistake that they are afraid to make a play.

[video]https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/jim-mcelwain-press-conference-8-14/[/video]

That's an excellent piece.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he knows what he's doing to me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n261086 said:
That's an excellent piece.

Couldnt even finish it. The damage that was done to this program by one man is almost unspeakable. Forget wins and losses. He literally mind-****** a bunch of bright eyed kids who lined up to play for him. Absolute POS this guy.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was a great article and I thought some of the same stuff when listening. Especially when he talked about players being beat down

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From Alboverdi:

* Based on today's scrimmage and the practices leading up to it, the starting QB job is Will Grier's right now, according to sources. He ran exclusively with the first team Friday.
* Treon Harris played more than him in the scrimmage and did some positive things, but had a few bad plays and threw some interceptions, including the pick-six by Vernon Hargreaves.
* As McElwain mentioned, Ahmad Fulwood and Chris Thompson played well. Thompson had a long touchdown reception.
* Offensive line is still a work in progress and had trouble blocking Florida's D-linemen. Jordan Sherit had an interception.
* Kelvin Taylor had a couple nice runs and gained some yardage on plays where he could've been tackled for a loss.
* The freshmen tailbacks both showed flashes, Jordan Cronkrite especially. He did a great job of hitting the hole with one cut and getting tough yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator