AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one watching?

Almost 1:00 am and going into extras.

We got screwed on a call at the plate earlier in the game.

Alex.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
watching and talking about it in the box....nobody cares about baseball ;)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately college baseball is low on the totem pole of college sports. That is until the CWS rolls around, then everybody loves it lol

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been watching all night. Clutch hit by the freshman in the bottom of the ninth!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was doubting the call to have Rivera bunt Reed over, but it worked out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
With the bat and the balls? :bwahaha:

Nah, with your mom.

(I was a pitcher lol)

Anyway, if our bats don't pick up idk if we see Omaha this year. I expect we will though, especially once Alosno comes back

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom 11th. Bases loaded. No outs. LSU pulls an outfielder and brings an extra infielder. They got out of the inning. Wow.

Going into the 12th.

Alex.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Another great example of how Sully can't push a run over with the bases loaded and nobody out. Same old. I guess he never even considered bunting, duh. Same thing happened in Omaha against South Carolina a few years back and then saving Puk for another day last year. A great coach would have won both those series. Last night, this was 11th inning bottom of, mind you . IMO this guy will never win a world series but at least he did pitch Puk.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I haven't loved what I have seen from this baseball team in about the pass 3 weeks. Many blown opportunities to close teams out early. HOWEVER, I will say that when we play away games the umpires are calling some outside strikes that are 6 inches off the plate. Listening to the crowd last night it was clear that we were an away team and it was not neutral. These umpires come into these games knowing we are number 1 and when the game is close they love calling strikes against us.

Anyway, we seem to be choking a lot of games away just like we did last year. That game last night could have been a blow-out in our favor. But the players are not stepping up when they need to. I know that starter for LSU throws a dirty curveball but when it lands a foot in front of the plate and you strike out that is pathetic. I agree that the correct coaching calls from Sully dont always seem to be there either when we need a big run. Losing 3 out of 4 nearing the end of the season is not a good thing. Even before Alonso was out our bats seemed to be cooling off, and now it's gotten real bad.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bases loaded with no outs and not being able to score is unacceptable. Oh well, better now than in the regional or beyond.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watch the baseball team as much as possible but they are very frustrating.

This team may very well be the most underachieving team in the history of college baseball.
The roster is stacked with talent but we seem to be the Atlanta Braves of college baseball.
We are great until we get to Omaha then.........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just my "pop-off" assessment : UF enters this SEC tournament as the best hitting team,
best pitching team, and best fielding team and then in the tournament perform as the worst in all 3
of those categories. In post season Gators and coach seem to not know how to control their destiny.??

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another great example of how Sully can't push a run over with the bases loaded and nobody out. Same old. I guess he never even considered bunting, duh. Same thing happened in Omaha against South Carolina a few years back and then saving Puk for another day last year. A great coach would have won both those series. Last night, this was 11th inning bottom of, mind you . IMO this guy will never win a world series but at least he did pitch Puk.
IDK who was on third or who the next two batters were, but a deepish fly ball by one those next two batters likely scores the winning run since LSU pulled an outfielder into the infield. Gotta put some of the blame on the hitters for not getting it done, but it sounds like Liput had a nice line drive with one out, just right at the guy. Bad luck. That's baseball. And I highly doubt Sully 'never even considered bunting', he just opted not to.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IDK who was on third or who the next two batters were, but a deepish fly ball by one those next two batters likely scores the winning run since LSU pulled an outfielder into the infield. Gotta put some of the blame on the hitters for not getting it done, but it sounds like Liput had a nice line drive with one out, just right at the guy. Bad luck. That's baseball. And I highly doubt Sully 'never even considered bunting', he just opted not to.
Both of our errors led to runs. Sully is not to blame here.

With the bases loaded, there's the force out at home, and five infielders. Bunting would not of been a good idea. Muldhunado and Liput are two pretty good hitters. Liput had just drove in the tying run. He hit it hard, it just went right at the third baseman. None of this is on the coaching staff.

Remember, we win this tournement after losing the first game last year. Anything is possible with a deep pitching staff.

Ultimately it's Sully's job to get us to Onaha, but any of the final 8 teams can win a double elimination tourney. The teams are so evenly matched. The 1 seed doesn't usually win because of the nature of the game. This is why MLB plays the best of seven in their playoffs.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, you can put the blame on the hitters. That's easy. However, a team has to be prepared to be able to push a run accross. Sully's teams are not prepared to bunt, or if they are, he never tries it. A suicide squeeze, even if unsuccessful, would have left a man on 3rd and 2nd with only one out, and hells, bells, maybe they would have scored and walked off. Same thing didn't happen against South Carolina in a 0-0 game in the bottom of the 9th in Omaha. Sully spit the bit there as well and followed it up by holding out Puk last year. And THEN, in the interview said he liked our chances IF we had just won that game. Duh!! I think he's a great recruiter and a very poor game manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator