SEC Baseball UF - LSU

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, you can put the blame on the hitters. That's easy. However, a team has to be prepared to be able to push a run accross. Sully's teams are not prepared to bunt, or if they are, he never tries it. A suicide squeeze, even if unsuccessful, would have left a man on 3rd and 2nd with only one out, and hells, bells, maybe they would have scored and walked off. Same thing didn't happen against South Carolina in a 0-0 game in the bottom of the 9th in Omaha. Sully spit the bit there as well and followed it up by holding out Puk last year. And THEN, in the interview said he liked our chances IF we had just won that game. Duh!! I think he's a great recruiter and a very poor game manager.
Fair enough.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sully is clearly managing for the NCAA postseason and not the SEC tournament. Starting Singer last night is a perfect example. We won the SEC tourney last year, it's old hat. This being said, he still has his best starting two pitchers in his pocket for the weekend.

Im a Sully fan. I like that he consistently can get us to Omaha. Winning that tournament will eventually come. But you can't win it if you don't get there. Like I said before, baseball is not like football where the best team usually wins. It is a numbers game and the more opportunities you get is most important.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Sully is clearly managing for the NCAA postseason and not the SEC tournament. Starting Singer last night is a perfect example. We won the SEC tourney last year, it's old hat. This being said, he still has his best starting two pitchers in his pocket for the weekend.

Im a Sully fan. I like that he consistently can get us to Omaha. Winning that tournament will eventually come. But you can't win it if you don't get there. Like I said before, baseball is not like football where the best team usually wins. It is a numbers game and the more opportunities you get is most important.

Unless your perennial 2 + a Q FSU.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gators beat LSU 1-0. Play A&M in the finals tomorrow. I still want to know if Shore has pitched.
No, Shore has not pitched. Moss came out of nowhere and gave us 6 innings with 0 runs and only 3 hits. Dunning and Anderson continue to pitch well and Snead bounced back a little today as well.

We have the arms to go the distance. Our offense has been suspect (last night's 12 run outing notwithstanding) since Alonso went out, but it looks like JJ is starting to find his groove a bit

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say a team who has won a school record number of games has underachieved, especially considering the season isn't even over.

We have the pitching to win it all, just need the bats to come along which hopefully happens with Alonso back. Lotta baseball left to play boys.

As for Shore, apparently he is starting tomorrow but will be on a strict pitch count since regionals start very soon. Going to be a "Johnny Wholestaff" kind of game and I believe we have the arms to win it tomorrow.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No, Shore has not pitched. Moss came out of nowhere and gave us 6 innings with 0 runs and only 3 hits. Dunning and Anderson continue to pitch well and Snead bounced back a little today as well.

We have the arms to go the distance. Our offense has been suspect (last night's 12 run outing notwithstanding) since Alonso went out, but it looks like JJ is starting to find his groove a bit
Thanks. Did Sully really have the nerve to save Shore for the final?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Shore has been dealing with a stomach ailment, they are resting him for regionals, but idk, maybe they werent planning on playing sunday and he feels better now? I think it would be good to have him get some reps in and not a two or really three week break.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sully recruits like no other, dominates FSU, Miami, and gets us to Omaha almost every year. We should fire him immediately!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Shore has been dealing with a stomach ailment, they are resting him for regionals, but idk, maybe they werent planning on playing sunday and he feels better now? I think it would be good to have him get some reps in and not a two or really three week break.
Thanks. I finally heard it on TV last night.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Correct, Shore had a stomach "bug" but has been in dougout all weekend. I think Sully pitches him today for 3 innings, like a bullpen session, just to keep routine and make sure his mechanics are sound. I think if it were regionals, Shore pitches through it. The gators are using the tourny as an "intersquad", now they are in the ship expect them to go all out. (shore 3, snead, singer 1 or 2, Anderson).

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sometime's question Sully's decisions at the mound (I wouldn't of pulled Dunning in the 13th inining in game 1 vs LSU), but in the end, I really have to trust him. The results speak volumes. He has to be best one pitching managers in the NCAA, all time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'd disagree there ^. I actually think he is a below average in-game manager, however he is a fantastic recruiter which overcomes his flaws.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd disagree there ^. I actually think he is a below average in-game manager, however he is a fantastic recruiter which overcomes his flaws.
There a reason so many pitchers sign with UF...because they know how good Sully is.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators are ranked #1 in the nation, set record for wins in a season, dominated our in state rivals, but every arm chair manager knows better than their coach.
:what:

No wonder SOS left for DC.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators are ranked #1 in the nation, set record for wins in a season, dominated our in state rivals, but every arm chair manager knows better than their coach.
:what:

No wonder SOS left for DC.

I never said he should be fired, I hope he is here for many years. That doesn't change the fact that he makes a lot of terrible in-game decisions. Forgot he is above criticism, my mistake.

We have the most talent in the country, if we don't win it all its a little bit of a letdown. Time to get a ring considering we have multiple first rounders on this squad.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've watched almost every game this season. There is at least 6 teams we've played that have as much talent as we have. We just happen to have beaten them.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never said he should be fired, I hope he is here for many years. That doesn't change the fact that he makes a lot of terrible in-game decisions. Forgot he is above criticism, my mistake.

We have the most talent in the country, if we don't win it all its a little bit of a letdown. Time to get a ring considering we have multiple first rounders on this squad.
We have as good a chance of winning it all as any team. That is all you can ask for. In baseball, a team the wins over 60% of their games is amazing. A double elimination tourney with 8 evenly matched teams is crap shoot, not any way to judge a coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator