SEC Office: Possible Suspensions

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Leg humpers made out pretty well here. All 5 suspensions will be for their games against the Gators and Mizzoo

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No Carter could be a good thing. It means Choker can't play him at DT. On the other hand, it means more Dunlap which will make Monken happy.

Prayergator

Sep 26, 2019
At the least, Dan exacerbated it. His running out there like one of his players was fuel to the fire. To be clear, I don’t mind the fightin and defending our QB. I’m good with that, but the HC running around out of control isn’t a good look IMO.

FYI, TONS of punches were thrown. This was not just jawing.
It was a late hit, no doubt.

I don’t think it was 3-4 seconds after he threw it. Pretty sure it was 2 steps IIRC, but def late.
AND Trask was hit high, helmet to helmet.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So our 2 guys miss a half and a half while their guys only miss one half.

Sounds fair, right?

:facepalm:

Where's the half game for the SOB that hit a defenseless QB in the face...late.

If that hit took place with the ball still in Trask's hand it would be targeting. Launched, struck defenseless player in the head/neck area. The fact that it was late (he took two steps looking right at him release the ball) and he didn't pull up exacerbates it. I want that damn ref suspended.

Alex.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Wow. I expected the SEC to do more than that. Coach deserves the fine, he earned it, and glad he did it. I applaud him getting the team fired up and sticking up for his QB.
I really like it that our coach actually gives a schytt about the players. Phukk anybody (that means you Mr. F-bomb) who doesn't like it. Go Gators! Beat the dwags!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds fair, right?

If that hit took place with the ball still in Trask's hand it would be targeting. Launched, struck defenseless player in the head/neck area. The fact that it was late (he took two steps looking right at him release the ball) and he didn't pull up exacerbates it. I want that damn ref suspended.

Alex.

The hit was late, but it wasn't going to be suspension, the most we would have gotten for it, is 15 yards and a free down before the half.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I would like to see Strickland stick up for his coach now. I would also like to see Strickland make the case that Carter and Powell should receive the same half game suspensions that Mizzou players are getting and are available for UGA.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The hit was late, but it wasn't going to be suspension, the most we would have gotten for it, is 15 yards and a free down before the half.

You think if that was called targeting it would have been overturned???

Trask was defenseless, right? By definition. You can't deny that.

He was hit on the chin. Shoulder pad to the chin.

If he had put that shoulder pad into Trask's chest or belly it would have been a late hit.

He put it on Trask's chin.

How the hell is that not a late hit and targeting??? If it wasn't late, it's still targeting.

iu

Alex.

Last edited:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016

Sounds fair, right?

Alex.

And it's the same ref from the FL/GA game last year that doesn't know what a catch is....

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I would like to see Strickland stick up for his coach now. I would also like to see Strickland make the case that Carter and Powell should receive the same half game suspensions that Mizzou players are getting and are available for UGA.
I turned on Foley the moment he pulled the rug out from under SOS during the Darnell Dooshbag fiasco.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You think if that was called targeting it would have been overturned???

Trask was defenseless, right? By definition. You can't deny that.

He was hit on the chin. Shoulder pad to the chin.

If he had put that shoulder pad into Trask's chest or belly it would have been a late hit.

He put it on Trask's chin.

How the hell is that not a late hit and targeting??? If it wasn't late, it's still targeting.

Alex.

it was late, we aren't arguing that portion of the hit, and defenseless (per SEC rulebook):
  • A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.

targeting->
  • Launch-a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area - didn't happen
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground - didn't happen
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area - lead with forearm or shoulder, but appears to make contact with chest
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet - didn't happen

Last edited:

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Me too. Alas, I'm sure we will both be disappointed.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground - didn't happen
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

We'll have to disagree on what you see and most of us saw. I think he did both of these actions.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Sounds fair, right?

Alex.
We need to make sure Carter enters the 2nd half ready to destroy uga's o line. Somebody needs to take a sledgehammer to Carter's Firebird and spray paint "go dawgs" all over it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
it was late, we aren't arguing that portion of the hit, and defenseless (per SEC rulebook):
  • A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.

targeting->
  • Launch-a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area - didn't happen
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area - lead with forearm or shoulder, but appears to make contact with chest
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet - didn't happen

Yes, he did make contact with the chest...and the head and neck area. Did you watch the tweet I posted??? You going to say that wasn't the "head or neck area"??? Just because he hit him in the chest TOO doesn't mean he didn't hit him in the chin.

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, he did make contact with the chest...and the head and neck area. Did you watch the tweet I posted??? You going to say that wasn't the "head or neck area"??? Just because he hit him in the chest TOO doesn't mean he didn't hit him in the chin.

Alex.

if you truly believe that after watching the number of videos out there on this hit, put the quarterback in flags. Because if 95% of the hit it's the chest like the quarterback is bracing for impact is targeting. Then they shouldn't be hit. Put them all in flags.

Another way to look at it, if the roles are reverse is that targeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator