SEC Shorts Playoff Expansion Edition

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I would've posted more in this thread, but that drunk talking donkey kept stealing my posts and pawning them off as his. 12 is absurd. I'm not watching those seeds get their teeth kicked in every year.

Nobody was going to watch that game anyways. Its this or watch two opted out teams scrimmage in some facade of a bowl game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When you are retired, you have to think of things to think about so you keep thinking your thoughts are meaningful.

You are so right.

Simple ideas or issues suddenly warrant deep analysis and research. I can justify a solid Excel sheet for just about anything now..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What conference has a playoff? Are you still drunk?
Drunk or not he it's definitely getting up there in years. He's at that point where you just smile and wave.

Sure, grandpa... sure.
760dc8d2910ac1.gif

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What conference has a playoff? Are you still drunk?

You know I Googled College Football Conference Playoffs...and guess what popped up...the Conference Championships...imagine that?

Net...have you had your fiber this morning? You sure you're not constipated?

And again...I don't get drunk...but you knew that.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
No but you are...SEC East VS West...What do you call that? Championship...Play-off...What the FUCHS?

But it figures

You know I Googled College Football Conference Playoffs...and guess what popped up...the Conference Championships...imagine that?

Net...have you had your fiber this morning? You sure you're not constipated?

And again...I don't get drunk...but you knew that.

@NOLAGATOR , I dunno, I always thought the playoff was what got you into the championship game. You know, there is the Stanley Cup Playoffs and then there is the Stanley Cup.

I was just piling on. Have another drink though.

tenor.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
#7 without playing in a Conference PLAY-OFF? ...Sorry
Depends... if a 1 loss SEC team is left out of the SECG, they could get an at-large bid if the overall body of work (SOS, mainly) is better than Boise, ucf and notre lame. I doubt it would look the same every year.

FTR, I'm not saying there are ever 8 teams who "deserve" a playoff spot. Just saying it might be possible to play 8 and avoid killing the "every game matters" feel of the regular season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Depends... if a 1 loss SEC team is left out of the SECG, they could get an at-large bid if the overall body of work (SOS, mainly) is better than Boise, ucf and notre lame.
fuchstarded.

no team that didn't win their conference should ever be in a playoff. they already lost the playoff.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Depends... if a 1 loss SEC team is left out of the SECG, they could get an at-large bid if the overall body of work (SOS, mainly) is better than Boise, ucf and notre lame. I doubt it would look the same every year.

FTR, I'm not saying there are ever 8 teams who "deserve" a playoff spot. Just saying it might be possible to play 8 and avoid killing the "every game matters" feel of the regular season.

And I'd like to make a team...say one loss TAMU...who did not play in the SEC "Championship"...(I mistakenly said Play-off...BYTE ME NET) play an additional "Wild-Card" Game

And so I added a Power Conference (~84 Teams...becomes FBC)...DROP ALL OTHERS...And added a Wild-Card Game...10 Teams (MAX)

Take
44 Teams Dropped and add them to FCS or create another Division

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
fuchstarded.

no team that didn't win their conference should ever be in a playoff. they already lost the playoff.
A PACwhatever team that wins their conference championship shouldn't get in over a 1-loss Big12 or SEC team that beat them either without said 1-loss team getting in the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator