***SEC Tournament: Arkansas vs UF***

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 68-61!!!! On to A&M!!!!

Hill, Egbunu, and a little guts got us through this one. Probably should have won by 20+ if we made 70% of FTs and our 10 missed layups lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Big win. Shoutout to Kasey Hill, I've always said he sucks but he seems to be doing well lately. Also a shoutout to Egbunu for his heart to play through the injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I just got out of a meeting. Maybe if I don't watch anymore Gator Bball, they'll win out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's clear from the start of this game the team has no heart...just running through the motions...poorly

I could not disagree more.
I have been an ardent critic of the fact that White cannot seem to get his team to play defense with passion but I believe they did today. If we played defense the way we did tonight every game this year, we would be in the tournament and enjoying a bye in the SEC tournament right now.

The question is......Can this team play solid defense two days in a row? Not sure

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I could not disagree more.
I have been an ardent critic of the fact that White cannot seem to get his team to play defense with passion but I believe they did today. If we played defense the way we did tonight every game this year, we would be in the tournament and enjoying a bye in the SEC tournament right now.

The question is......Can this team play solid defense two days in a row? Not sure
I disagree...the team started the game terrible and was lucky the Hogs were just as bad. They didn't pick it up until Egbunu kind of sparked the team/heart towards the end of the half. 2nd half they played better but as White said the defense had a bunch of lapses and misplays. Still, overall it was pretty good, but when I made the comment it was the truth imo.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After today's game, here's what ESPN Bubble Watch has to say:

Florida [19-13 (9-9), RPI: 54, SOS: 10] Like Michigan in the Big Ten tournament, Florida's own Thursday tourney win over a sub-mediocre opponent -- in this case, Arkansas -- kept the Gators' fleeting bubble hopes alive, and did little more. Also like Michigan, the win set up a Friday matchup against the league's No. 1 seed. Mike White's team has played some of its worst basketball in recent weeks, which makes it difficult to imagine it toppling a Texas A&M team enjoying a late-February/early-March run of restored form. Anything short of ending that run, and handing the Aggies their first loss in six games, probably sends the Gators to the NIT.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I disagree...the team started the game terrible and was lucky the Hogs were just as bad. They didn't pick it up until Egbunu kind of sparked the team/heart towards the end of the half. 2nd half they played better but as White said the defense had a bunch of lapses and misplays. Still, overall it was pretty good, but when I made the comment it was the truth imo.

If it was true when you made it but false an hour later, well, maybe you should try politics.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just saw Vandy punished for not fouling. Doesn't seem fair. If a team gets to a point that it needs the other team shooting free throws, it shouldn't have to waste time and risk fouling out its players. It should just ask the officials to add the requisite number of fouls to their team total w/o having them assigned to any players.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I really don't agree with Lunardi. He really over values certain aspects and I think undervalues SOS

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep it is probably as simple as beating A&M to get in. To keep us out if we did that would take a lot of teams having real good tournaments.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are so in right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.