Self Reported Recruiting Budget

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Aside from having a terrible recruiting staff, I'm sure this doesn't help either.

Florida spends roughly $1,155,802 while Georgia is at $2,626,622.

We are spending below Arkansas and barely above Kansas. Wonder why we won't be truly elite any time soon? This is part of the answer. The university would rather fund a titty twisting team than pay up for the breadwinner...

Link to OG article:

Investigation: NCAA schools' spending on college football recruiting is skyrocketing

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Arkansas will often send daily mailouts with promotional materials, whereas in the past those might have gone weekly from schools.

“Everybody has got 20 people in their recruiting department,” Ross said

No, not everybody. We have at most three. (I think one position is still open unless I missed an announcement.) And frankly some of the hires are sketchy, like rehiring "Coach Hova" Harrell, the Butters retread high school basketball coach 2 star whisperer.

Thats right, we have 15% of what Arkansas has.

Not Trailerbammer, 15% of ARKANSAS.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who are the 3?
Herrell and Keiwan? Not sure beyond that. These two seem to be mostly recruiting though "player development" means a whole helluva a lot of things, including the people who keep an eye on current students.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So it seems UF is below UGa, UAL, Clemson, etc., but above OU, Ohio State, AU and some others.

Reasons UF should be above more teams: UF's roster has been depleted and UF should be recruiting more players, UF has a new staff so there should be no salary lag, Florida is in a big state with big expensive cities that are expensive to travel to and stay in.

Reason UF should be lower than some schools: UF can get an entire excellent class in state unlike some other programs, UF is close to other state with lots of talent possibly cutting recruiting travel expenses, UF still has some brand luster that should make recruiting less expensive.

I really can not say what is the right number. Neither can you of course, but some of you will.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So it seems UF is below UGa, Alabama, Clemson, etc., but above OU, Ohio State, AU and some others.
you are out of your mind.

I know very well we have about 10% of the staff of Ohio State.

doesn't matter though right? if the coaches are any good they'll coach up those slower smaller weaker 3-star garbage and bring home those national championship trophies.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Recruiting spending for Florida State football soared from $655,785 in 2016 to roughly $2.28 million in 2017, which led all 52 Power Five public schools that year and was more than $600,000 over the amount the Seminoles had budgeted for it.

Coburn was appointed FSU's athletic director in May after serving since August 2018 in an interim role, and he has spent much of his time in charge addressing an athletics department budget deficit, which has necessitated cuts.

During the 2018 fiscal year, FSU's recruiting costs for football dropped back to $1.58 million while Seminoles head football coach Jimbo Fisher departed in December 2017 for Texas A&M.

Coburn said the dramatic jump in recruiting costs in 2017 could have been because of changes in the accounting process. He added, "I suspect that there may have been more use of private planes that one particular year," but with sweeping changes since atop FSU's department and football program, Coburn said he couldn't "really find anyone who can give me a good explanation for that jump."

Yeah, right. "Changes in accounting".

:jerkstore:

I've got a pretty good explanation for it.

bag_o_money.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.