Shannon to interview at UCF

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Not sure why people keep saying Callaway was not enough stars (although I know it's a bit tongue-in-cheek).

4 stars. #36 receiver in the country. Similar to Freddy Swain (just signed financial paperwork) who we've been pursuing for two years.

Just because Chump was not pursuing him does not mean he was not a high ranked player. Chump knew nothing about recruiting offense.
There's not an emote for sarscasm or I would have used it :headslap:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4 stars. #36 receiver in the country. Similar to Freddy Swain (just signed financial paperwork) who we've been pursuing for two years.
It doesnt matter that Callaway was 4 stars and our top target, it only matters that the board keeps repeating the lie that he was an unknown 2 or 3 star.

Get with the program. Your facts arent welcome around here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mainly, we've got to get a pro-pass QB to let Callaway show how much he
loves being a Gator -- show it on TV so recruits can observe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rotfl: Its funny to watch you guys. The same lil birdies who used to chirp constantly that the only way to win, especially behind a weak line, was with a running QB are now chirping constantly about needed a "pro-style" QB who, of course, must be very tall (so Drew Brees or Chris Leak, even if they were available, are out).

I hope you guys are better at your day job.

There is a reason that Mac and the analysts spend every single breath talking about the shiit sandwich that is our OL.

Does that mean I think Treon is great? Of course not. Grier was better. Of course. Passing to set up the runs better. It opens up running lanes and scares the defense from blitzing, of course. Some of us have known that all along.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It doesnt matter that Callaway was 4 stars and our top target, it only matters that the board keeps repeating the lie that he was an unknown 2 or 3 star.

Get with the program. Your facts arent welcome around here.

I heard siskel & ebert only gave him 1 star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd prefer he stay for a little longer, but every year he waits, it will get harder for him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:rotfl: Its funny to watch you guys. The same lil birdies who used to chirp constantly that the only way to win, especially behind a weak line, was with a running QB are now chirping constantly about needed a "pro-style" QB who, of course, must be very tall (so Drew Brees or Chris Leak, even if they were available, are out).

I hope you guys are better at your day job.

There is a reason that Mac and the analysts spend every single breath talking about the shiit sandwich that is our OL.

Does that mean I think Treon is great? Of course not. Grier was better. Of course. Passing to set up the runs better. It opens up running lanes and scares the defense from blitzing, of course. Some of us have known that all along.

I think you're in the wrong class. This Shannon & Recruiting 101. Treon Sucks 101 is two doors down... and three doors down... and four doors down...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I must have been drunk.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For reasons I can't quite explain, I watched the USF-UCF game last night. The idiots in the booth - Palmer, the Humper and Tess (I actually like Tess) were speculating about Kiffy going to UCF. Their "logic" was that he could rehab his rep as an HC with the all the talent right around their campus, win quickly in that crappy conference then move on to a Power 5 job.

On the one hand, he has done a very nice job as OC at Bammer. On the other hand, he is such a loathsome, slimy little prick. Assuming they'd be on board with a coaching rental, UCF could do worse, IMO.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon is safe for now. Give the guy another 250k and keep him happy here. We need his recruiting in Dade and Broward.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Heard from source that #UF DC Geoff Collins is getting strong support from key folks inside #UCF for their head coach vacancy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Heard from source that #UF DC Geoff Collins is getting strong support from key folks inside #UCF for their head coach vacancy.
This would make Law a very happy man. Well, as happy as Law could ever be I guess...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law is pretty happy. Looking forward to the next two years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator