Shannon to interview at UCF

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
ugh. man, i was hoping we could keep him around for a couple cycles.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
a guy that recruits Florida and a school that wants a name. I hope he doesn't get the job, but it's not shocking that he is on their list either.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Mac can convince him to stick around and wait for a better job in a season or two. Truthfully, I figured Collins would leave for a small school HC job after next year and Shannon would take over as the sole DC after that. Was really hoping we'd keep Shannon for 3 or more years.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Shannon can wait for a better job, but it will not come around. Look Shannon already had an easy job at scrotUM. Horrible conference in the best recruiting base there is and he could not win there. He is a horrendous head coach but a good assistant. So if he gets offered any head job he should take it. If you can't win at scrotUM in the ACC consistently, you really can't win consistently anywhere.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Shannon can wait for a better job, but it will not come around. Look Shannon already had an easy job at scrotUM. Horrible conference in the best recruiting base there is and he could not win there. He is a horrendous head coach but a good assistant. So if he gets offered any head job he should take it. If you can't win at scrotUM in the ACC consistently, you really can't win consistently anywhere.
Pretty much this....Some guys just aren't HC material. Not a knock on him. He's good at what he's doing now and I don't see him winning at UCF either.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I never expected him to stay long. He's done a good job so far, but to me he'll always be a caine. I'll miss his recruiting ability, but won't miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We really need his recruiting ability at least for now. Once we start winning on a consistent basis we will be fine but he has been a big help so far...

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If they offer, he's gone. Another crack at being a HC, and in FL He'll sell them on building a dynasty in a weak conference (yea he tried that at the U). A couple more years out of him would of helped the rebuild though, especially getting the So. Fla pipeline flowing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon hasn't brought anything to the table recruiting wise. That's been blown out of proportion imo. I'd rather keep Collins for the sake of continuity. We have one big time linebacker leaning our way and drew hughes is his primary recruiter. I'd like to keep him but I don't see it hurting us too bad .

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It'd suck to lose him, but I think Mac has put together an infrastructure to help with continuity. Also, hasn't Dixon made some progress in recruiting S. Florida

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon hasn't brought anything to the table recruiting wise. That's been blown out of proportion imo. I'd rather keep Collins for the sake of continuity. We have one big time linebacker leaning our way and drew hughes is his primary recruiter. I'd like to keep him but I don't see it hurting us too bad .

Drew Hughes may be the best recruiter on the staff IMO.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he bolts, I'll miss his ability to coach the linebackers. He's made the most with the least of any coach on the staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.