Shaq said he was paid well at LSU

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A guy I worked with for a time last year, who played defensive line for a mid-major FBS school, told me some really interesting recruiting stories. He started his career at a very major school, but transferred because of lack of playing time. During his transfer process, he was recruited by LSU and promised $10,000 over a 5 year period if he signed with them. During his initial recruiting process, he said on his trip to Bama, recruits were brought into the locker room and given lunch, which was Chick-Fil-A. At the bottom of the bag, below the food, was a few Benjamins. The school he wound up at after his transfer, on his recruiting visit, he was basically provided prostitutes for him and a couple other recruits. All of these schools are in the southeast (not necessarily the SEC).

Stuff like this isn't surprising, nor is it uncommon.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The problem with this, is Shaq really could have been joking. He's said things like this before in a joking context but people took him seriously.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, hes serious, that's why he mentioned the whole statute of limitations thing. And I mean are we really that surprised? Do all you dorks really think that Les 'with more' Miles always ends up with the #1 CFB recruiting class because he's just that awesome or his teams always play so great? :lol2:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do all you dorks really think that Les 'with more' Miles always ends up with the #1 CFB recruiting class because he's just that awesome or his teams always play so great?
Last time I checked, Miles wasn't at LSU when Shaq was, nor did Shaq play football.
:britney:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that if LSU is doing it... so is Bama, Florida, FSU, etc... it would be the only way these schools could compete or else every 5* would go to LSU and they would never lose kids.

Don't be so naive to think this doesn't happen at Florida also.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
The reality is that if LSU is doing it... so is Bama, Florida, FSU, etc... it would be the only way these schools could compete or else every 5* would go to LSU and they would never lose kids.

But if you listen to some on this site we are only getting 3* recruits and now we know why.
OMG.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
.... probably hazard pay for that "Shaq attack" ?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Who knew that when Shaq was making Blue Chips he was really making a documentary of his time at LSU.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

not-listening-dumb-and-dumber-o.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So then your first post on this means what? Do you believe that they are paying?
I was just giving you a hard time for mentioning Miles in a thread about Shaq. Nothing more.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
A guy I worked with for a time last year, who played defensive line for a mid-major FBS school, told me some really interesting recruiting stories. He started his career at a very major school, but transferred because of lack of playing time. During his transfer process, he was recruited by LSU and promised $10,000 over a 5 year period if he signed with them. During his initial recruiting process, he said on his trip to Bama, recruits were brought into the locker room and given lunch, which was Chick-Fil-A. At the bottom of the bag, below the food, was a few Benjamins. The school he wound up at after his transfer, on his recruiting visit, he was basically provided prostitutes for him and a couple other recruits. All of these schools are in the southeast (not necessarily the SEC).

Stuff like this isn't surprising, nor is it uncommon.

So, you're saying Eason really did have as good a weekend as those pics(the during and after) showed? :naughty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.