Shocker! Mullen receives raise and extension

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Still feels weird that the best I feel about one of my teams and their direction is the Jags :lol:

Here ya go...so you can feel sh!tty about that too...you are welcome.

106836806-1612755015155-gettyimages-1300924499-a53i8043_20210207102111424.jpeg

GO BUCS!!!!!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad all that hard work and "relentless effort " has paid off. This was well deserved. I hope he takes some time and treats his family to a nice vacation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope they enjoy the empty stadium.

it won't be just the student section anymore.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everything I read says the buyout was $12M prior to the extension and it’s still $12M now. Only way it could be less is if there’s less than 2 years left on the contract. If that’s the case, doesn’t cost us anymore to dump him after this season pre or post extension. Just trying to find a silver lining here. No idea how to justify the salary bump.

First I had to fix my above post it was $6 if we were on the old contract, because it went down $2 million a year upon completion of that year, according to what was reported. It is more expensive now, because it's back at $12 Million.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess 8-4 is the expectation from Stricklin and the UAA

And a number of the fans as well...
upload_2021-6-2_10-26-36.png

There is a generation of fans, that this is Gator football. They were too young to remember the Championships. The problem really isn't those fans, its the fans that are old enough to remember and have accepted this mediocrity.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Judging by last year, his lack of elite recruiting, and looking at the roster, Mullen is on his way to getting fired, probably after the 2022-2023 season. It will be too expensive to keep him after a couple of 5 loss seasons. So all this raise and extension did was throw away 8-9 million dollars. The dork sure as hell wasn’t going anywhere at 6 million a year. If they felt they had to do something for show they could have given him a 500 k bump and 1 year extension.

These buffoons never tire of throwing away millions on Shltty coaches. No wonder it takes them 10 years to build new facilities. I just hope when Nads gets the axe Scotty gets taken out at the same time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First I had to fix my above post it was $6 if we were on the old contract, because it went down $2 million a year upon completion of that year, according to what was reported. It is more expensive now, because it's back at $12 Million.
These fuchsing idiots never learn.

The money should be paid out of the AD and AAD salaries.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I said in another thread that the leadership was fine with 9-3 or 10-2 and I was right. Winning is no longer a priority. Mullen is here to stay.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I said in another thread that the leadership was fine with 9-3 or 10-2 and I was right. Winning is no longer a priority. Mullen is here to stay.
Even if that is true, and I certainly agree and it's hard to argue otherwise, how does it explain throwing national championship money at a NY6 at best level coach?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Even if that is true, and I certainly agree and it's hard to argue otherwise, how does it explain throwing national championship money at a NY6 at best level coach?

Has anything been normal or as it should be for the last 10 years? This so called leadership is a joke.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Correct. I don't disagree that the leadership at present has become too comfortable with our current performance. But more than that, I think they've become too comfortable asking for, and wasting, other people's money. I don't see it necessarily as a sign that Mullen is here forever, even if there's no significant improvement. They just know the boosters will step up when and if they decide to make a move. They always do. As Douglas pointed out, between Zook, WM and JM, there are many that don't really know much else. We're simply somewhere between the rinse and repeat stages.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, who else is out there? We’re not smart enough to identify the next great coach and neither Dabo nor Saban are leaving where they’re at.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dont say NY6 like it means a damn thing.

He finished 3-4 in the SEC at best. We USED to mock Manning for being the 4 time Citrus Bowl champ. That is essentially the Sugar Bowl now and we will never even sniff it so long as Douchebag is here.

Douchebag takes us to the equivalent of a Tangerine Bowl, just like Ole Zooker.

Two extra "clubbing baby seal" games makes "ten wins" a farse, as is "NY6".

He is just the luckiest motherfuchser in the world though having clowntown with their only loser coches in 50 years. But once Cornrows adds talent like he appears to be doing with this class that too will be over.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, who else is out there? We’re not smart enough to identify the next great coach and neither Dabo nor Saban are leaving where they’re at.
That question is irrelevant to the point unless you actually believe that 6 mil for 4 losses a year wasn't sufficient to keep him around. Unless there's someone chomping at the bit to take him from us, why in the hell would we up his pay? He was overpaid already.

Theres not snowballs chance in hell someone is going to come in and offer him more than we were already paying him. Which means if you feel crootin benefits from a longer term deal in place, you simply extend his contract period at the existing pay rate. If he balks, call his bluff and let him sit. Noone is going to pay him more... except us apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator