Should we feel good about our receiver room this year?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Even if we have one guy...maybe Shorter...who is money consistently, it will allow space for the others. It will likely be a work in progress. They see and read everything, too, so it's a real opportunity for a couple of guys.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well said.

When it comes down to it, it's really going to be all about the OL. If they can open holes for the run game consistently and effectively, the offense will be fine. Not as exciting as we would all like perhaps, but able to move the ball and score points. I'm actually more concerned about the defense. To me there are more questions on that side of the ball, even though we have some real potential superstars there.

I agree. LB is the position group that concerns me the most.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
When we get into the season and face the SEC DLs then I think reality is going to set in. While I think we will see improved play across the board the fact remains we are still playing with Hev specials on the OL. The same questions from last season around loss of Trask, Toney and Pitts still remain this season plus we have to accept that we are throwing a new offensive system in to the formula. Also, its my opinion that our RB room was better last year than this year.

I think we are going to have a similar season to last year without the implosion due to muLLLLLLen tanking and giving up. We have added some great pickups (Torrence, Waites and Johnson) along with (hopefully) much better coaching across the board on the offense, but we are still pretty much working with the same ingredients. Only thing I think that changes it is if AR balls out like we know he has the potential.

Its sunshine pumping season. We got reports that Zanders at TE looks great. Graham moving over to WR is looking awesome. The LBs are all looking great. There is most definitely probably some truth to these reports but keep in mind they are all reporting based on the first 15 minutes of practice before they have to leave.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Great QB's have a tendency to make average WR's look like dynamos. The key to the offense remains AR15.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Fulfilled potential + staying healthy = a start.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chatter has been that AR hasn’t been very accurate this spring.

He’s never been particularly accurate. the stats say that a QB that completed 70% of his passes in high school has the best shot to be successful in college. In HS he had a career 53% completion rating. His JR year was 48%. His senior year was his best at 64%.

Last year he was 60% with 6 TDs and 5 INTs.

He’s incredibly athletic and has a cannon. But can he play QB? I’m not sure that Miller doesn’t take it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Like I heard on a podcast and asked here , but nobody answered....How many games will Jack Miller start?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

He’s never been particularly accurate. the stats say that a QB that completed 70% of his passes in high school has the best shot to be successful in college. In HS he had a career 53% completion rating. His JR year was 48%. His senior year was his best at 64%.

He’s incredibly athletic and has a cannon. But can he play QB? I’m not sure that Miller doesn’t take it.
Wuerffel was 57.5% in '96.

Do I need to state the point? Yeah crap I do don't I.
Completing 9 yard passes on 3rd and 10 looks good on the stat line but it's not very productive.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Great QB's have a tendency to make average WR's look like dynamos. The key to the offense remains AR15.
Exactly. EJ struggled last year. No receiving Corp would have flourished. Hell even randy moss sucked when he went to the raiders.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DT LB and TE are by far our most concerning position groups going into next year

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's kinda MEH, with the WR room. IF, and I mean IF the OL and AR15 can make UF more productive on the ground it will help the WR's. D's will load the box and free up the WR's. I feel more confident than anything that this staff will play to it's strengths rather than Dypshyt Dan forcing his plan. I also feel we'll have a better rushing attack than we've had in years. After Mullen left we have no where to go but up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wuerffel was 57.5% in '96.

Do I need to state the point? Yeah crap I do don't I.
Completing 9 yard passes on 3rd and 10 looks good on the stat line but it's not very productive.

Danny was a different time. That’s the stat for QBs today.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Miller will “take it” in the 4th quarter when we’re up 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.