The death knell for any white male.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
He was indicted on rape charges and they had to write him out of the show
Damn
I binged it a few minutes ago,
The article didn’t mention any indictments.

That makes the charges more credible if he was actually indicted.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I kinda though they'd drop all of Ozark S4 at once....

They need to drop the other half quick. Wait almost two years and leave us with that hanger and the others are all done.

Well, OK, then...So the 'Part 1' is because they only dropped the first half of S4. I got excited thinking that was it, and we'd wrap everything up. Nope. Just a teaser for Part 2 of S4. I'll try to avoid spoilers, but I'll admit I'm disappointed - mostly in waiting so long for a S4 only to be given half of it. The spoiler bits I'll dance around are this - they kept the same look and feel, that dark blue color palette they lean on as their style. The writing remains near where it has been the first 3 seasons, but I suppose my gripe is losing some key names towards the end, and introducing a few new players. I suppose it's necessary, to keep things moving along, but it just feels a bit wrong to do that to the last season - you've invested 3 season's worth of episodes with this cast, only to see some changeover in order to give plot movement. I'll leave it with this - it holds up, indicates the back half of S4 ought be as good as you'd expect.

8.5/10

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Well, OK, then...So the 'Part 1' is because they only dropped the first half of S4. I got excited thinking that was it, and we'd wrap everything up. Nope. Just a teaser for Part 2 of S4. I'll try to avoid spoilers, but I'll admit I'm disappointed - mostly in waiting so long for a S4 only to be given half of it. The spoiler bits I'll dance around are this - they kept the same look and feel, that dark blue color palette they lean on as their style. The writing remains near where it has been the first 3 seasons, but I suppose my gripe is losing some key names towards the end, and introducing a few new players. I suppose it's necessary, to keep things moving along, but it just feels a bit wrong to do that to the last season - you've invested 3 season's worth of episodes with this cast, only to see some changeover in order to give plot movement. I'll leave it with this - it holds up, indicates the back half of S4 ought be as good as you'd expect.

8.5/10

Ditto

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Based on comments in here, I went ahead and binged

Reacher (2022) <Amazon>

Based on Jack Reacher, I have to start off with what I believe is excellent casting to put the hulking figure of Alan Ritchson in the lead role. Supporting cast is decent, they do their job, but certainly only good for the first season as you know he will inevitably drift off to some other adventure. For this season, he shows up in some rural Georgia town. We have a corrupt mayor and police chief, a carpet bagging Boston man for the captain of police, and a regular level cop that plays our partial love interest and screen candy. Oh, and throw in an old friend from Reacher's history that helps out. Plot swirls around a few random killings, that leads to counterfeiting. There's plenty of thought through connections as we progress through the story, but somewhat annoyingly Reacher is more than a know it all, staring at a map for a few minutes and figuring out where a guy ran to 3 days ago. He has the physical size for the action sequences, but he he exhibits unrealistic insight and knowledge on all things. S1 is decent, I can't say how close it may follow actual Reacher books, but for Amazon it's fine. I'll probably watch S2. I'll give this a 7/10

PS - I did wonder if he is now stuck in this role, or if he can branch out. By coincidence, I saw a movie today with him in it.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Reacher (2022) <Amazon>

Based on Jack Reacher, I have to start off with what I believe is excellent casting to put the hulking figure of Alan Ritchson in the lead role. Supporting cast is decent, they do their job, but certainly only good for the first season as you know he will inevitably drift off to some other adventure. For this season, he shows up in some rural Georgia town. We have a corrupt mayor and police chief, a carpet bagging Boston man for the captain of police, and a regular level cop that plays our partial love interest and screen candy. Oh, and throw in an old friend from Reacher's history that helps out. Plot swirls around a few random killings, that leads to counterfeiting. There's plenty of thought through connections as we progress through the story, but somewhat annoyingly Reacher is more than a know it all, staring at a map for a few minutes and figuring out where a guy ran to 3 days ago. He has the physical size for the action sequences, but he he exhibits unrealistic insight and knowledge on all things. S1 is decent, I can't say how close it may follow actual Reacher books, but for Amazon it's fine. I'll probably watch S2. I'll give this a 7/10

PS - I did wonder if he is now stuck in this role, or if he can branch out. By coincidence, I saw a movie today with him in it.

How I wish they had cast Tom Cruise in this series… said no one ever. :lol:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@grengadgy - fwiw I figured out how to fix my pic uploads that would always post sideways. When I take a portrait photo with my iphone, I need to edit it first. Rotate the photo, save it, rotate back to the correct position and save again. Then it posts correctly.
if you have an Iphone.....

1. Open the Camera app
  2. As you line up your shot, look for the magnification indicator (1x) next to the shutter button
  3. Make sure it’s oriented in the same way you’re holding your phone
  4. If it’s not, try rotating your phone back to another orientation and back to the one you want

The iPhone camera app uses the device’s gyroscope to know what orientation you’re shooting a photo or video. However, sometimes the gyroscope and software doesn’t catch how quickly you make the change from portrait to landscape.

As you did.......
If you’ve already taken a photo in the wrong orientation, just tap Edit, then choose the square frame icon next to cancel. Finally, tap the square icon with the rotate arrow to rotate your photo. Tap Done when you’re finished.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Reacher (2022) <Amazon>

Really liked this. Only complaint is how wooden his character is at this time. Not sure if by purpose or just the actors limits.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Finished Peacemaker and really liked it. Of course they had to make the bad guy plot about global warming and throw a shot at those who don't want to give up their freedoms but really good show with a lot of funny moments. Great funny cameo at the end as well. My biggest complaint is where the hell are they going with the dad thing.

I also thought this weeks South Park was hilarious. Turns out Token's name is really Tolkien. Targeted everyone who has ever watched the show regardless of what they identify as.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

8.5/10

What about the opening scene of the first episode of S4? Was that simply a dream? Or a foreshadow of the very last scene of the series will be?

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I’m I the only one disappointed with the teenage drama queen turn 1883 has taken? I get that she is the narrator but I’m really not buying the latest turn of events in her love life, which has become way to much of the story IMO..

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I’m I the only one disappointed with the teenage drama queen turn 1883 has taken? I get that she is the narrator but I’m really not buying the latest turn of events in her love life, which has become way to much of the story IMO..
Yep. It had promise but turned into a girl's journey to womanhood instead.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Downfall The Case against Boeing

The case against greed and stupidity.

They focused on Boeing's downfall in the aviation industry but their failures in the Space industry would take another 2 hours.
The Boeing Starliner is going on 3 years late and SpaceX has had to take over their flights to bring crew and cargo to the ISS.
And then of course the several billion dollar debacle that is SLS which is at least 5 years late.
An SLS launch costs $1.5 Billion. A SpaceX Starship will cost $10 Million per launch.

Boeing was one of the most respected and innovative aviation/space companies when it was run by engineers. But once the bean counters took over it went to shyt. At SpaceX a lead engineer reports directly to Musk who is himself involved in the day to day engineering. The accomplishments and ground braking innovations the company has achieved in 10 short years has proven the wisdom of such a structure. Boeing instead has 10 levels of non-engineer middle management and each manager only cares about keeping cost down. Like they said - it maybe makes sense if you are producing washing machines but not if you are producing airplanes or spacecraft.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They focused on Boeing's downfall in the aviation industry but their failures in the Space industry would take another 2 hours.
The Boeing Starliner is going on 3 years late and SpaceX has had to take over their flights to bring crew and cargo to the ISS.
And then of course the several billion dollar debacle that is SLS which is at least 5 years late.
An SLS launch costs $1.5 Billion. A SpaceX Starship will cost $10 Million per launch.

Boeing was one of the most respected and innovative aviation/space companies when it was run by engineers. But once the bean counters took over it went to shyt. At SpaceX a lead engineer reports directly to Musk who is himself involved in the day to day engineering. The accomplishments and ground braking innovations the company has achieved in 10 short years has proven the wisdom of such a structure. Boeing instead has 10 levels of non-engineer middle management and each manager only cares about keeping cost down. Like they said - it maybe makes sense if you are producing washing machines but not if you are producing airplanes or spacecraft.
Not bean counters, finance majors

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"The Dracula 2000 actor’s rep issued a statement denying all claims of sexual assault that same month. “We are aware of [the victim]’s 16-year-old allegations. It was only after [the victim] was in contact with Leah Remini that she made allegations of sexual assault by Mr. Masterson,” the rep said at the time. “The alleged incident occurred in the middle of their six-year relationship, after which she continued to be his longtime girlfriend.”

He raped me but I continued dating him.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
He raped me but I continued dating him

life-of-brian-monty.gif

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Has anyone watched The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon Prime? Season 4 is releasing an episode every Friday. Funny and very well written. One of my favorites.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Has anyone watched The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon Prime? Season 4 is releasing an episode every Friday. Funny and very well written. One of my favorites.

That’s one of our couples shows and really like it. Haven’t watched any yet of the new season

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator