Recruiting Silent Commit from 3-star LB?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, Kentucky and Vanderbilt aren't up for discussion. They stated that we had to have top ranked classes to be at the top. I want them to explain why we were not at the top when we had top classes. You are intelligent enough to see where I am going with this. Let them fight their own battle on this one lol.
LOL. There's no fight. No one ever said that coaching doesn't matter. I'm sure you'll claim that Mac is a future star coach, right? But without the horses he got destroyed at the end of last year. It didn't matter how great a coach he was...he didn't have the talent. We can go round and round like this. You need both. No one ever said recruiting alone will get you there. That's stupid. I will say this that when things are equal on the sidelines....you better have equal or better talent on the field if you want to win anything(or close to it).

I think we all agree that Mac and his staff need to recruit better.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
LOL. There's no fight. No one ever said that coaching doesn't matter. I'm sure you'll claim that Mac is a future star coach, right? But without the horses he got destroyed at the end of last year. It didn't matter how great a coach he was...he didn't have the talent. We can go round and round like this. You need both. No one ever said recruiting alone will get you there. That's stupid. I will say this that when things are equal on the sidelines....you better have equal or better talent on the field if you want to win anything(or close to it).

I think we all agree that Mac and his staff need to recruit better.

That is all I was looking for...I was under the impression that your position was that recruiting was the ONLY indicator for success.

Thank you for clarifying. I agree there has to be both.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

in other news...here is the kid we just offered. He is from Kathleen. I saw him play in person in Lakeland. Thoughts? (I know...he's a 3 star)

When he hits people they go backward. Quality backer. I saw him drop in zone on one of the plays, so it would appear he will need to learn a lot about coverage,
but I like his tenacity and seems to have good instincts. Solid LB prospect.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When he hits people they go backward. Quality backer. I saw him drop in zone on one of the plays, so it would appear he will need to learn a lot about coverage,
but I like his tenacity and seems to have good instincts. Solid LB prospect.
I just like the fact that they showed him even playing any pass coverage. Don't get me wrong, I like the work Davis and Morrisson have done in run support but we haven't had a decent pass coverage LBer since Jenkins and Bostic were here. Some of that is probably from the amount of Nickel we've played for the last 4 years and I'm not making excuses for poor coverage from our safeties but they get little or no help taking away short and mid range stuff over the middle. This kid looks well rounded for being in HS. Go get him Shannon...

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Free shoes
Free hats
Free crablegs
Free reign to bully professors into passing grades
Free pass to b!tch slap or punch a female
Free pass to rape a female
Free legal representation in the event TPD screws up and arrest you
And last but not least a free education which consist of rigorous studies in subjects such as counting bananas in a fruit bowl, applying clown make up properly and how to erect a circus tent....
So it is Free $#!T University?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, Kentucky and Vanderbilt aren't up for discussion. They stated that we had to have top ranked classes to be at the top. I want them to explain why we were not at the top when we had top classes. You are intelligent enough to see where I am going with this. Let them fight their own battle on this one lol.
If you want to win championships, you better sign some Tebows, Spikes, Harvins, Wuerrfels, and Fred Taylors. Its really no more complicated than that. Any fool, well not you pumpers so maybe I should say most fools, knew that Dawgchump's classes of nothing but DEs and DBs werent the way to make a championship team either.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
If you want to win championships, you better sign some Tebows, Spikes, Harvins, Wuerrfels, and Fred Taylors. Its really no more complicated than that. Any fool, well not you pumpers so maybe I should say most fools, knew that Dawgchump's classes of nothing but DEs and DBs werent the way to make a championship team either.

now you are talking individual elite players and not recruiting rankings lol...but Rex and I have come to agree. Thank you for your input though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator