Sleepwalking/Talking

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My cousin used to sleepwalk frequently as an adolescent. My aunt and uncle would hear him rambling around and then lead him back to his bed. One evening they heard him sleepwalking and got up to find him in front of the refrigerator, door open, taking a leak. He eventually grew out of it, but I never really felt comfortable eating at their house again.
Apparently, and allegedly, when I was 3 or 4, my Mom and Dad watched me walk from the bedroom my brother and I were in to the kitchen, open the fridge door, pull out a drawer, and prepare myself for doing exactly what you said above. That's when they stopped me. I deny it to this day. It is only alleged, and both witnesses are conveniently dead. ;)

I do have to admit to lighting the waxed kitchen floor on fire when I tried to send smoke signals over a candle with a paper napkin. I cannot deny this one, I definitely was not sleep walking. It seemed like a good idea at age 3-4 :dunno:

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
About once a month, I have a dream that I am somewhere (its different places each time) and completely naked.

Other times I dream I am back in high school and can't remember my locker combination or what class I have next. Once time, I hit the double and dreamed I was naked, couldn't find my class or remember my locker combo. The school secretary was not happy when i went to see her NOT about my missing clothes, but a copy of my class schedule and locker combo. i guess I was headed to class completely naked.

Thanks for bailing me out. I was not comfortable being the focal point of this thread. At least I'm wearing clothes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I used to as well - even had a couple of dreams where I had a glass with you once, and even @Swamp Donkey .

They both went something like this:

Not cool. But just ftr, which one am I?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We had goldfish as a kid and my re-occurring dream over the last 25 years has been that I forgot to feed the fish for some lengthy period of time. I usually end up over feeding the fish and dump too much in. I have this dream several times a year.

The stress of having kids must be too much for me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We had goldfish as a kid and my re-occurring dream over the last 25 years has been that I forgot to feed the fish for some lengthy period of time. I usually end up over feeding the fish and dump too much in. I have this dream several times a year.

The stress of having kids must be too much for me.

You seem like a decent person and competent mother. But I have to ask. These kids. They’ve eaten tonight, right?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t walk, but have a tendency to have very vivid dreams that cause me to react. It’s almost always someone close to me(mostly my children) falling off a cliff or down a slope with me trying to catch them. Very odd and really intense. That’s one type. The other that I have probably once a month is some intruder in my house. According to my wife I’ll occasionally wake up pointing at the bed or the bathroom saying something like, “just come out, and I promise I’ll let you live”. Again, very intense. Once or twice I’ve threatened her(of course not really her), which is a little scary. I hate to make too light of it, but the last time a few weeks ago, she told me the next day she seriously thought she was going to get “Mike Tyson punched”, whatever that means. Doesn’t sound good.

I’m not generally a violent person, so the concern goes away pretty quickly, but it’s enough that she tells me about it the next day.

If anyone of you want to unfriend me, I understand.:lol:

I never friended you, just for the record.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My wife is a sleep Walker/Talker. I’ve had situations where I’ve woken up to her walking down the hall touching the wall as if she’s on a cliff to finding her in the front yard rambling. Her Mom said it was really bad when she was younger.

Our oldest son (8.5 yo) is a big time talker in his sleep. Full blown words but absolutely not structure to a sentence. It’s spooky actually.

Anymore, I’m too drunk at bedtime to hear or see anything. To each their own, am I right?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I used to as well - even had a couple of dreams where I had a glass with you once, and even @Swamp Donkey .

They both went something like this:

View attachment 34726
(In a thick Austrian/German accent)
“Come now, Diddy…it’s only a dream. This time it was fondue. The next it could be bananas and you two might not be so fetchingly dressed **wink**! Let’s explore further…have you ever dreamt of riding an ass? Perhaps it is cheap rum and not wine that is a problem?”

upload_2021-8-25_5-51-25.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.