Snap count vs. Alabama

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blades was always a garbage take.

Cox shouldnt be on the field except third and long.

Burney is just another strong safety that we moved to LB and never developed. Honestly, he doesnt even look as fast as Diabetus or Moon, and he was allegedly the fast guy on defense. Someone remind me of one safety to LB project that Dwagchoker or DwagGA have ever developed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Bowman needs to be the KO returner, but I'm fine w/ him being #4 - the first three are kicking ass.

Cox had a really good game vs. Alabama, but he needs to be more consistent for sure.

Safety play has improved, we didn't give up any "big" plays vs. Alabama's passing game.

I want to see consistency from this D. Fat Todd wasn't all to blame for those first three scores (PI calls, & sh*tty tackling killed us). But regardless, Fat Todd needs to go.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Blades was always a garbage take.

Correct. The futility of the pursuit of improvement belies the damage of garbage takes ... if you don't give reasonable game auditions to players better than garbage, what difference does it make who you recruit & sign.??

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

What does Wells have to do with Bowman in the RB rotation?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dez on 3rd and 1:

10574946.gif
I could be wrong but the chunky little dude #74 that eats a stiff arm looks an awful lot like URG....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopper has played reasonably well when he's on the field. he's not nearly as fast as Diabetes or Moon though. Hopper seems to developed into a run stopper. in my mind he's THE middle linebacker next year. (the weak linebackers also a middle linebacker in this scheme... but between the two the week tends to have more pass coverage assignments.)

The dwag Duo seemed to definitely not play more than one run stopper at linebacker and often zero.

Burney despite seemingly being as talented as anyone has never developed. I guess he is physically grown (almost) into the position, but he still looks like a safety who is uncomfortable playing that close to mine. you should be our fastest linebacker but his first few steps always seem to be delayed.

Actually it's hard to say any of the linebackers have developed. They're going to look better with the two real defensive tackles in front of them though regardless.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the record law is right regardless of whether the problem is DwagGA can't coach linebacker talent OR the problem is seniority.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
To me LBer is a lot like TE on offense. Rarely do freshmen come in and get true game reps because the position has such a varied skill set and responsibilities. From my understanding Wingo went from playing QB early on in HS to playing defensive line....Is he catching on at LBer? Anyone heard anything(sorry I didn't keep up with camp notes this year)

Top Dwag aside I am liking some of the individual pieces we have on defense this year and I see better effort across the board BUT I still want to see some real talent develop at the position and take control of the defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. From my understanding Wingo went from playing QB early on in HS to playing defensive line....Is he catching on at LBer? Anyone heard anything(sorry I didn't keep up with camp notes this year)
There really are no camp noises,.as no one was allowed to watch.

He played OLB, though it was more of an Edge/Rush position in that scheme.

All these "just play the senior" player decisions are self-correcting.

You think Ox is the only one who is pissed about AR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator