So Now what to Eat In Gainesville?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
With Burrito Brothers Closed, what is the go to in Hogtown for a great college lunch/dinner?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Get a job as a bus boy at the DG house. Food is terrible, pay is worse, but the view is spectacular.

Alex.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Always liked that Caribbean Spice place on the Ave. Cheap yummy meat pies! Is it still there?

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
in late 70s and well into the 90s I was the guy to ask. Now not so much. Mr Han still good. Metro Diner good. Flying Biscuit for breakfast. Satchels is the coolest place and a must go to. Bang Bang shrimp at Bonefish Grill is to die for. New Pizza place across from Harry's downtown is good and eat the wings. Harrys is still good.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still 706 for date night, and By the Pan (Chicago style) over in Millhopper plaza, no?
Yep, but there's just something about the by the slice place. Although I will say some of the character was lost when they updated the interior years ago.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Until that closes. UF Foundation now owns that building so just give it time.

http://news.ufl.edu/articles/2016/08/uf-foundation-buys-leonardos-property.php
mad.gif

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
With Burrito Brothers Closed, what is the go to in Hogtown for a great college lunch/dinner?

It's a bit more than a college dinner, but Emilio's Cafe has great food. Wifey and I eat there all the time when we are in Gainesville, It's downtown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator