So SQ and I went to Costa Rica

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n273972 said:
Just out of curiosity, what time of the day did you go to the airport?

My last few experiences at the airport have all be the same, and at varying times of the day.

I realize it's your home airport and you probably love it, but seriously...it's awful! Come fly out of Tampa a few times and you'll see what a top rated airport is really like.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tampa airport is something more than light years better than Orlando. What's a distance bigger than light years?

Jet Blue was good, though. I would fly with them again.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n273976 said:
My last few experiences at the airport have all be the same, and at varying times of the day.

I realize it's your home airport and you probably love it, but seriously...it's awful! Come fly out of Tampa a few times and you'll see what a top rated airport is really like.
That's not why. I'm asking because I've literally never had a problem there., not that i fly all the time, but in my experience, I just haven't had a a bad experience there. I tend to fly earlier in the day though when I do.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TIA is the best, no argument there whatsoever. Always enjoy flying back in there when visiting the fam down there.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n274020 said:
That's not why. I'm asking because I've literally never had a problem there., not that i fly all the time, but in my experience, I just haven't had a a bad experience there. I tend to fly earlier in the day though when I do.

We got there at 8 in the morning and it took us over an hour to get through the bag checking and security process, and that's with our boarding passes already printed from home. The way they set up the security lines is just one big bottleneck, it's awful.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n274192 said:
We got there at 8 in the morning and it took us over an hour to get through the bag checking and security process, and that's with our boarding passes already printed from home. The way they set up the security lines is just one big bottleneck, it's awful.
This...one of the worst...but now with pre-check it isn't too bad

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n274192 said:
That amount of time just to check the bag sounds odd. I know what you are talking about with the security lines though. That said, I've never felt like it was annoyingly long, or not moving, but perhaps we all have different definitions of that, or that day just happened to be particularly busy.
No big deal, I was just wondering.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n274306 said:
That amount of time just to check the bag sounds odd. I know what you are talking about with the security lines though. That said, I've never felt like it was annoyingly long, or not moving, but perhaps we all have different definitions of that, or that day just happened to be particularly busy.
No big deal, I was just wondering.

Of you just accept it because that's the main airport you use. Seriously, come over to Tampa sometime...you'll wonder what the **** Orlando has been doing this whole time!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n274200 said:
This...one of the worst...but now with pre-check it isn't too bad

I was kicking myself for not doing Pre-Check...thought about it before our trip. But then the Pre-Check line was backed up as well because it merged right away with the other line. Seriously, it was terrible.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n274365 said:
I was kicking myself for not doing Pre-Check...thought about it before our trip. But then the Pre-Check line was backed up as well because it merged right away with the other line. Seriously, it was terrible.

:crazy:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n274363 said:
Of you just accept it because that's the main airport you use. Seriously, come over to Tampa sometime...you'll wonder what the **** Orlando has been doing this whole time!

I've been to some large airports, probably the worst ones lol, and I'm not saying Tampa's airport isn't efficient, I was just trying to understand what you guys were saying because I haven't had the same experiences. Like I said, no big deal, was just curious.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n274591 said:
I've been to some large airports, probably the worst ones lol, and I'm not saying Tampa's airport isn't efficient, I was just trying to understand what you guys were saying because I haven't had the same experiences. Like I said, no big deal, was just curious.

So how quickly have you gone through the security line in Orlando? Do you not feel like it's inefficient? Have you been to Tampa to see how they do it?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n274601 said:
So how quickly have you gone through the security line in Orlando? Do you not feel like it's inefficient? Have you been to Tampa to see how they do it?
Like I said, I tend to fly early, so I'm usually through that line, if there even is a line, before the time you stated earlier.

I have not been to Tampa, so no I haven't seen how they do it. That said, Tampa serves about half as many people as Orlando does. Orlando saw 35+ million people go through, where Tampa had just over 17 Million people, or roughly 50,000 more people per day in Orlando, last year.

Again, I'm not really saying that Tampas method isn't efficient, I was just curious about what you said about Orlando, because I just haven't experienced it personally.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n274365 said:
What the ****? It should have it's own separate line. If you only fly like 1 time per year it's not worth it but if you travel on any sort of regular basis it might be the greatest thing ever invented. Saves me so much time

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n274749 said:
Like I said, I tend to fly early, so I'm usually through that line, if there even is a line, before the time you stated earlier.

I have not been to Tampa, so no I haven't seen how they do it. That said, Tampa serves about half as many people as Orlando does. Orlando saw 35+ million people go through, where Tampa had just over 17 Million people, or roughly 50,000 more people per day in Orlando, last year.

Again, I'm not really saying that Tampas method isn't efficient, I was just curious about what you said about Orlando, because I just haven't experienced it personally.
It's pretty awful on most occassions...i've gotten through Orlando in good time before but personally that is pretty rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.