So what happens to this year's recruiting class?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n122824 said:
We really only have one wide receiver.

We'll see what we have if we get some decent qb play

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think Fulwood is a great WR who simply needs coaching and an offense that understands how to utilize him. There are a few serviceable players from the 2012-13 classes and a few from last year like Sousa and Worton that I think can become respectable WRs as well. You're right though. One star and a ton of role players. We just have to get those guys some coaching to maximize what they can do.

G8rbob

Jul 6, 2014
No offense but I don't think Harris is our qb. Lots and lots of positives for recruits looking for playing time. Redshirt and be ready to start, special talent could play right way I they pick the position up fast enough

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n122558 said:
I wonder if the new staff will go after juco or 5th year senior transfer for the qb position. Have someone else to throw in the mix. That's one thing we have to fix.
We need big uglies most of all.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to judge our receivers based on chumpball.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes King, we need OL desperately. No matter if from the JUCO level or not. They need help now. I am sure with the possibility of early playing time that would attract as well. And if a good HC that understands the need to get some quality offensive talent.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Dear Friends,
I hope some of you will look into this for me. If UAB and Hawaii fold, we could have numbers, and for one year we better look very carefully at every available transfer we can get, then I think we ll be alright. If our class is only 10 or so this year, we re in real trouble.
Bayergator

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for joining, Bayer. Post often and bring all your friends.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bayergator;n122923 said:
Dear Friends,
I hope some of you will look into this for me. If UAB and Hawaii fold, we could have numbers, and for one year we better look very carefully at every available transfer we can get, then I think we ll be alright. If our class is only 10 or so this year, we re in real trouble.
Bayergator

Welcome Bayer. Recruiting will be crucial this year. I'm sure if it's JM he'll look at everyone and under every rock especially for OL. Should attract many quality linemen with a possibility of immediate playing time.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting will be low this year, but should pick up in the coming years.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, this is one reason why I personally preferred Freeze over McElwain. Freeze could turn this awful class into a top 20 class. I have no idea how this class will turn out, but I have doubts that it will be able to make the top 30.

That said, I think McElwain is a good coach and recruiting should be fine in 2016, especially if he wins the division or 9-10 games his first year.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Gator98MD said:
MatthewM.;n122510 said:
It will be terrible and it will buy this new guy 2-3 years of built in excuses
You sir are the definition of a wet blanket

Pay no attention to this, he is Alvin York's alt account.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It stinks that Foley screwed the pooch so badly by allowing Will another year. We should be raking it in this season. The hole is big and wide and our roster has holes all over. We NEEDED this class so badly. Hopefully, we can snag a couple of those leans but don't hold your breath.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we retain T-Rob, Durkin, Lawing, and Summers....we should have a minimum top 25 class, top 10 is not out of the realm of thinking, but lots of things would have to go our way with momentum. By keeping most of the D staff, the relationships will be there to land Cowart and Jefferson. Norton and Irvin likely jump on board as well. LB will be interesting. We may get Thomas and Holland, but will likely fill with 2nd tier LB prospects. We'll also likely get McDuffie at CB.

Offense is the tricky part. We may in fact flip Ray Ray and Cain. Their OC just left at Clemson and now we hire an offensive coach that had huge offenses at Bama. If Summers stays we'll likely get 2 or 3 more lineman. The OL commits appear the most solid. Jones likely decommits with us searching for another pass oriented QB.

I think at the end of the day we end up with the #15± class. Momentum could propel us much higher, but I just don't see it with a coaching change. Adding Cowart, Ivey, Jefferson, and Holland could play huge with momentum. If Ray Ray and Cain flip and we land those four 5*s, momentum could be out of control, but this is like a 5% probability of less.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
alcoholica;n123028 said:
... Jones likely decommits with us searching for another pass oriented QB.

Do you really think we lose Jones? I think he will talk to the new coach first.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n123028 said:
Offense is the tricky part. We may in fact flip Ray Ray and Cain. Their OC just left at Clemson and now we hire an offensive coach that had huge offenses at Bama. If Summers stays we'll likely get 2 or 3 more lineman. The OL commits appear the most solid. Jones likely decommits with us searching for another pass oriented QB.

Is there any chance we get some 4 or 5 star WRs that are out there since we have the new coach. Any on the radar you see that might be interested since Muschamp is gone?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n123099 said:
Is there any chance we get some 4 or 5 star WRs that are out there since we have the new coach. Any on the radar you see that might be interested since Muschamp is gone?

If he is the coach he would have a few recievers in the NFL he can point to, as helping develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator