So what happens to this year's recruiting class?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n123099 said:
Is there any chance we get some 4 or 5 star WRs that are out there since we have the new coach. Any on the radar you see that might be interested since Muschamp is gone?

Personally, I would imagine there are a lot of high profile offensive skill players out there that would love to play at UF, but just haven't been interested in the boring conservative style of offense we've had around here for a while. It's very possible a new, offensive minded HC could lure some of those kids to their childhood dream destination.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
t-gator;n122523 said:
Assuming we keep Durkin and Robinson, I would imagine lawing and summers aswell. I think we end up with cece,cowart,Holland and Ivey. I expect a few guys on the offensive side start coming back to our radar. Chad Morris is expected to take the smu job. Maybe that opens up the door for mcloud and cain. A lot of it depends on who he retains and who he brings in to his staff. But all those guys are highly rated and would probably shoot our class atleast into the top 20

I think Summers and Law are gone

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n123104 said:
Personally, I would imagine there are a lot of high profile offensive skill players out there that would love to play at UF, but just haven't been interested in the boring conservative style of offense we've had around here for a while. It's very possible a new, offensive minded HC could lure some of those kids to their childhood dream destination.

Same here. He just needs to pull out some tape and his stats sheet to show the recruits it will be changing.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
NavetG8r;n122514 said:
Prob depends on who he names as OC. This may be bigger than the HC hire. We NEED studs on the O side.

Need big time Oline recruits!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n123013 said:
It stinks that Foley screwed the pooch so badly by allowing Will another year. We should be raking it in this season. The hole is big and wide and our roster has holes all over. We NEEDED this class so badly. Hopefully, we can snag a couple of those leans but don't hold your breath.

Everything is awful! Life's not worth living! How do you even pull yourself out of bed in the morning?

the-end-is-near-apocalypse-631.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A little talk Roper may be kept possibly in addition to some defensive coaches. I guess that could be a small possibility if the OC there was given the top job (he was a head coach before) or moved on to another OC position but I would think McElwain would insist on him if he was available.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some places saying they heard Bama's WR coach is a possibility to be our new OC.

I see he was with McElwain when he first went to CSU.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n123158 said:
Based on what?

Our OLine improved a bit this year in pass blocking, but other than against UGA has been fairly poor in run blocking so I haven't been overly impressed with Summers. The DLine has been fairly solid imo. Not sure why Lawling wouldn't be retained unless the feeling is that we just need to clean house and start over from scratch.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
Gator Fever;n123166 said:
Some places saying they heard Bama's WR coach is a possibility to be our new OC.

Napier joined the Crimson Tide staff after serving as the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach at Colorado State in 2012 for former Tide offensive coordinator Jim McElwain.

Napier spent seven of the previous eight years in two different stints at Clemson. Napier split his time from 2006-08 as Clemson's recruiting coordinator. Napier grew up in Chatsworth, Ga.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone suggested we offer the UAB offensive line scholarships? Where are they gonna play next year?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you were named HC today who would be the 1st recruit you would see. For me it would be Martez Ivey. Nothing gets fixed without starting at the offensive line IMO.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n124466 said:
If you were named HC today who would be the 1st recruit you would see. For me it would be Martez Ivey. Nothing gets fixed without starting at the offensive line IMO.

Merged. :hahaha:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n124479 said:

Never even saw it. Oh well I'm tired of talking and hearing about searches and legal dealings. Time to talk some X'S AND O's and Jimmy and Joes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator