Solid article on Mac's offense

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a good read. I know plenty of you are mad that Mac didn't put Bowlcut's favorite third string QB last year, but Mac getting what we did out of that crap OL and other offensive talent last year was an amazing job.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. I have high hopes for Mac for his time here and truly believe he will bring us a championship. If recruiting doesn't step up I have little doubt he will make the necessary moves to change that (Nord for starters).

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Very good article and thanks for sharing. One thing is for sure Jay26......If Mac improves the play, which he has, the recruits will come. If he brings us some championships like you think he will, recruits will be knocking the door down. It will happen.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gettin a little teary eyed here with all this sunshine pumping going on.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

3948715.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Good, goooood. Feel the sunshine flowing through you!

I'm a pumper and I'll readily admit there are questions about this team. I just prefer to believe that Mac has us moving forward considering what he accomplished in Year 1 (with the train wreck he inherited). At the same time, college football is too unpredictable for me to make any bold statements with my avatar or sig hanging in the balance.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This just proves that we don't need the best OL in the SEC or the best QB... we just need an average OL and a solid QB who can hit the open man and McElwain's offense will create the mismatches to allow our athletes at TE, WR and RB to make plays. I think we will have a good offense for years to come under McElwain.

I am not as confident in our defense at this point. Collins did an OK job last year with an extremely talented D. This year he will have a lot of talent again, but defensive recruiting has not been good the last couple of years and we are going to have a very young and inexperienced D in 2017.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very good read. Thanks for sharing. It feels nice knowing that we're going to out-coach some teams this year and in years to come. That's why I predict we'll win the East again. Do any of you think that Butch or Kirby will have Mac's offense figured out this year? I certainly don't.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we take a drastic leap forward on offense this year. I am more worried about defense starting next year. We have got to bring in a stellar DT class this year. They are doing a great job of identifying rush ends but you live and die in the SEC on the line of scrimmage. If you cannot stop the rush you won't be able to stop anyone.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After all that talk prior to the season Mac didn't use much under center stuff at all transitioning into the offense over time like he did at Colorado State. That is a good sign I guess.

I think the key this year is getting a push in the run game. To be a good offense over a whole season in the SEC you must have a real threat there which we didn't last year because of the young O line.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After all that talk prior to the season Mac didn't use much under center stuff at all transitioning into the offense over time like he did at Colorado State. That is a good sign I guess.

I think the key this year is getting a push in the run game. To be a good offense over a whole season in the SEC you must have a real threat there which we didn't last year because of the young O line.

He did say that the running backs was the best position group on the team. Now we just need somebody to open holes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He did say that the running backs was the best position group on the team. Now we just need somebody to open holes.

Hopefully that new RB can get over the fumbling problems because he looks like he could wear a defense down some. I felt bad for Taylor last season because he was not given any help up front but with so many young guys playing I guess it was to be expected.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads