Some Recent 2017 Basketball Predictions to UF

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
UF is sitting on two commitments for 2017 in basketball. They are:

PG or maybe SG: Alexander
SG or maybe SF: Ballard

Recently there have been some UF predictions on 247. They include:

SG: C. Brown, picked by 4 of 5 predictors with the other saying KU.
PF: R. Gray, one pick for UF and one for Baylor
PG: Sexton, all four picks for UF

I am not sure what UF's chances really are with these 3 players. UF really needs some bigs in this class and Gray is listed at 6'8" tall so he would not be a particularly tall PF.

I have no inside information, so anything anyone can throw in would be interesting to me.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I hope White can land at least 2 bigs in this class. We could be very thin there next year. If Gray is truly 6'8, I think that is fine for a PF.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope White can land at least 2 bigs in this class. We could be very thin there next year. If Gray is truly 6'8, I think that is fine for a PF.
Plus he's probably 16 or 17 and might have room to grow another inch or two.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think if Gray is between us and Baylor then hopefully we have a good shot. I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to Baylor's athletic department right now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF is sitting on two commitments for 2017 in basketball. They are:

PG or maybe SG: Alexander
SG or maybe SF: Ballard

Recently there have been some UF predictions on 247. They include:

SG: C. Brown, picked by 4 of 5 predictors with the other saying KU.
PF: R. Gray, one pick for UF and one for Baylor
PG: Sexton, all four picks for UF

I am not sure what UF's chances really are with these 3 players. UF really needs some bigs in this class and Gray is listed at 6'8" tall so he would not be a particularly tall PF.

I have no inside information, so anything anyone can throw in would be interesting to me.
Man, White sure is trying to load up on the 6'5" SGs - if we can get commits from Sexton and Brown, that would give us one true PG at 6'1" (Sexton), one PG/SG at 6'5" (Alexander), and two 6'5" SG/SFs (Ballard & Brown) all ranked in the top 60 for the 2017 class. And this is not including the recent SG transfer from VT (Hudson), who is also 6'5".
Gray is hovering around the 100 rank, depending on which service you look at, and could easily turn into a PF if he truly is 225+ at this point.
We obviously need a big guy in this class as well - Deng Gak is out there.
If we were successful with all 6 of these guys (I know, not likely), then we would have to lose 6 after next year to accept all of them. We lose Hill & Leon for sure, and likely DRob and Egbunu to the draft, maybe Allen if he has a great year. That's only 5. Is Chorizo getting the message he'll be the 6th, via transfer?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I love that White is loading up on big guards. From what I've read isn't Alexander a true PG?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gray looks like the perfect fit for us at the 4 in this system from the looks of his highlight tape. Who is c. Brown?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love that White is loading up on big guards. From what I've read isn't Alexander a true PG?
He is. He's definitely a pass first pg from everything I've seen.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is. He's definitely a pass first pg from everything I've seen.
Yep, you and MWC are correct. For some reason I thought I read somewhere that he was a combo guard - can't find any reference to him being a shooting guard, in fact, one article said he's got a really funky shot and needs to work on that (his tape confirms the funky shot). I can see taking 2 PGs, especially since we lose Hill and that leaves us with only Chorizo, who will then be a senior. We still need at least one big man in this class, either a PF or C, but would prefer both.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So, 6'7", 225......still not PF size.......

The problem with such statement is there is always Charles Barkley. Heck every year in college basketball there are 6'7" PF who are really good players. The question is is Gray one of those guys. In some ways he reminds me of Stone, but more highly rated particularly heading into his SR season in high school.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with such statement is there is always Charles Barkley. Heck every year in college basketball there are 6'7" PF who are really good players. The question is is Gray one of those guys. In some ways he reminds me of Stone, but more highly rated particularly heading into his SR season in high school.

It was a yoke.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.