SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
"Trick shots after practice."

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Super cool that he can do that, but I hope he never has to do that in a game because something in the snap went horribly wrong:eek3:

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
why do I get the feeling his first kickoff is going to go out of bounds at the 35 and his first extra point is going to clang off the upright?

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
why do I get the feeling his first kickoff is going to go out of bounds at the 35 and his first extra point is going to clang off the upright?
Well, we'll know in less than a month :lol:

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What does this and other tricks show? Many will say it is meaningless and it means nothing because it is not in a pressure situation. True that things change when the game depends on it and you've got 11 big men trying to stop you, but it does show that he is flexible and things don't always have to be perfect for him to make the kick. Some kickers have in their head that the ball has to be in the same perfect position with laces out or it goes downhill fast. The good ones could kick it through the uprights laying flat on the ground. We will see, but I like what I see so far.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was more impressed he nailed a short FG than anything

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hope this kid stays out of trouble. He seems like he likes to have fun....hopefully that "fun" doesn't include anything stupid (off-field type stupid)....

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Quality eye foot coordination that apparently Hardin never had.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
What does this and other tricks show? Many will say it is meaningless and it means nothing because it is not in a pressure situation. True that things change when the game depends on it and you've got 11 big men trying to stop you, but it does show that he is flexible and things don't always have to be perfect for him to make the kick. Some kickers have in their head that the ball has to be in the same perfect position with laces out or it goes downhill fast. The good ones could kick it through the uprights laying flat on the ground. We will see, but I like what I see so far.
The biggest thing I notice is how high he gets the ball up off the ground immediately. That will be the most noticeable improvement over Hardin.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
No doubt he should give us back our kicking game, which we have not had since Caleb Sturgis. No doubt he has the range, but we must wait to see if he is consistent or if he can nail a game winner under pressure. I believe he could be a great one.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The trick shots are great and I agree they show flexibility and great mental approach, but everything is different when linemen are coming at you. I have a feeling Eddie is going to be great. He seems to have the confidence and the attitude of wanting to have the pressure on him for the winning kick.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The biggest thing I notice is how high he gets the ball up off the ground immediately. That will be the most noticeable improvement over Hardin.

If the blocking is shoddy (again) we can just line up 10 yards behind the LOS to help out w/ that!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this kid stays out of trouble. He seems like he likes to have fun....hopefully that "fun" doesn't include anything stupid (off-field type stupid)....
So no Hookers and blow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator