Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he's already got a deal signed with us and he's just waiting until December 8 to announce it

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OK Ox, I like Freeze now, what a great game he called, exciting plays.
I did graduate work there and I can tell you this, he is/will be a BIG fish in a small pond there, they will treat him like a king...for awhile.
How long will the honeymoon last here in the pressure cooker called UF if he came here? Now on the other side of the coin, the Ole Miss fans/alumni "think" there're on the same level as Florida, Bama, LSU, etc., even though they are "small pond" as far a resources. I still think they are having a flash in the pan year and no matter how good of coach Freeze is, Ole Miss will fall back into the lower level SEC. Ole Miss has a history of firing pretty darn good coaches as quick as any school. Maybe he knows this, and the money he could get here, would swing him to UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't the next coach.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n119205 said:
At this point I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't the next coach.

The latest comments just normal coachspeak? "I haven't heard from anyone, I'm very happy at Ole Miss" blah blah. What's the significance of the 8th?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n119247 said:
The latest comments just normal coachspeak? "I haven't heard from anyone, I'm very happy at Ole Miss" blah blah. What's the significance of the 8th?

After the SEC coaches dinner when the media and reps start releasing news after the season.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fans and people coconnected to Ole Miss don't believe Freeze will leave for reasons already mentioned; however, I seriously doubt he has discussed possibly changing jobs with anyone and probably has tried to avoid thinking about it so he could focus on finishing the season. He'll have to think about it this week, and the more he thinks about it, the more attractive the UF job will be.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n119247 said:
While I didn't blatantly spell it out, part of the info I got from the source said they were hoping to wrap up negotiations and announce it the Monday following the SECCG. That's the 8th.

His comments don't look good for Ole Miss at all. He didn't deny he would leave.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n118870 said:
Still think Freeze ain't goin' no dang where...he is now the hero of Mississippi and in line for a big fat pay raise.
Freeze to UF.

Mullett to Meatchicken.

No one wants to be in M'ssippi.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n119280 said:
Freeze to UF.

Mullett to Meatchicken.

No one wants to be in M'ssippi.

Mullen vs Meyer every year could get interesting. Of course Meyer would own him but still kinda be like watching a dad spank his kid in public

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, if Mullen has even half a brain (which is arguable), he'll blow out of Mississippi while the iron is hot as well. MSU is looking to fall off a cliff next year.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze to UF, Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss. Not trying to stir up any **** late on a Sarurday night, but Kiffin is presiding over the most prolific offense in Bama's HISTORY, in his first year there, with a QB who was a total project guy coming into the season, with a ball-and-chain hanging around his leg named Nick Saban. I hated his guts when he was at UT more than most, but something tells me the guy would score 45 a game at Florida. No need to flame, I fully realize it won't happen, but the job he has done at Bama has been outstanding, and YES, he would be an upgrade over Muschamp, although I don't want it to happen.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
For what is worth....

12:10 a.m. – According to Sports Illustrated‘s Pete Thamel, Ole Miss’s Hugh Freeze is indeed “on the short list of Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley.” Writes Thamel: “Foley is expected to act quickly. While it’s still unknown where Freeze is in Florida’s pecking order, Ole Miss boosters and administrators are already scared enough that they’re calling around to see if they can secure enough money to keep Freeze. Expect Freeze to be much wealthier by the end of this week, but the question will be whether his paychecks are coming from Oxford or Gainesville.” Freeze on Saturday denied that the Gators have contacted him, let alone offered him the job (see below), but certainly there are other ways for Florida to make its potential interest in Freeze known. Foley said previously that he would not speak directly with a coach until the conclusion of that coach’s regular season, but he also said UF would not use back channels to secure its next coach.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The Original DC;n119301 said:
Freeze to UF, Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss. Not trying to stir up any **** late on a Sarurday night, but Kiffin is presiding over the most prolific offense in Bama's HISTORY, in his first year there, with a QB who was a total project guy coming into the season, with a ball-and-chain hanging around his leg named Nick Saban. I hated his guts when he was at UT more than most, but something tells me the guy would score 45 a game at Florida. No need to flame, I fully realize it won't happen, but the job he has done at Bama has been outstanding, and YES, he would be an upgrade over Muschamp, although I don't want it to happen.
Two words, Amari Cooper.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n119286 said:
Yeah, if Mullen has even half a brain (which is arguable), he'll blow out of Mississippi while the iron is hot as well. MSU is looking to fall off a cliff next year.
No doubt. Mullen has officially peaked. It's downhill from here so he should either move, on or try to get another raise and extension from Miss St because this is his last chance for awhile or maybe ever.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n119301 said:

You have a good point DC. Kiffen has done a good job as an OC. I think he is just a premadonna headcase when he is the HC he cannot keep his mouth shut and things in check. The thing most interesting is how Saban keeps him in check. He is the King there and lets Kiffy know it. Gets in his $#!t like he did last night and not forget it. That there has put Kiffy in the corner and knows his place. He's probably more scared of Saban than his Dad. But with BAMA's talent most OC with a good scheme will have success there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n119102 said:
According to reports from the 17th the university and Freeze's agenda had come to terms on an extension in principle.

We contacted him after that agreement. He just has to choose what is best for him and his family.

I have no doubt Ole Miss would match what we offer him. It will come down to going after championships or wanting to remain in a familiar place.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n119392 said:
You have a good point DC. Kiffen has done a good job as an OC. I think he is just a premadonna headcase when he is the HC he cannot keep his mouth shut and things in check. The thing most interesting is how Saban keeps him in check. He is the King there and lets Kiffy know it. Gets in his $#!t like he did last night and not forget it. That there has put Kiffy in the corner and knows his place. He's probably more scared of Saban than his Dad. But with BAMA's talent most OC with a good scheme will have success there.

Alot of truth in your post. That's why, as much as we're all sick of the Bama reign, we need them to win out as they are a terrible matchup for FSU. Dominant defense that will not collapse, with a now dominant offense. And Kiffin deserves a ton of credit.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n119409 said:
Alot of truth in your post. That's why, as much as we're all sick of the Bama reign, we need them to win out as they are a terrible matchup for FSU. Dominant defense that will not collapse, with a now dominant offense. And Kiffin deserves a ton of credit.

I actually think Oregon would be more of a guaranteed win than Bama. No way this year's FSU team could match scores with them imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.