SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The guy is HOME and probably has a lifetime contract there. He was never leaving to come to UF.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@McMurphyESPN: Hugh Freeze gets new deal at Ole Miss but Florida never contacted Freeze or Ole Miss source told @ESPN”

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we merge this thread into the Coach rumor thread? They are sounding exactly the same.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n121718 said:
[youtube]uauYprtEGWg[/youtube]

Hugh Freeze unapologetically Christian

Thanks Joe. I like the guy and wish we could have landed him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n121719 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@McMurphyESPN: Hugh Freeze gets new deal at Ole Miss but Florida never contacted Freeze or Ole Miss source told @ESPN”

I don't think Freeze was personally contacted or Jeremy Foley would contact him without telling the school. Freeze's agent was contacted to guage interest, and most likely numbers of what would be discussed. Due to timing it was probably shot down well before it got to the point where the UAA would be contacting Ole Miss for permission to discuss terms.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe in your circle. YOU seem to have a problem with it. Like Golf said, it speaks more to you, which is fine. But you don't speak for the vast majority of Gator fans.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion.....No offer was ever made. No serious discussions were ever done. Pure speculation by people who think they are in the know. there are probably 5 people in the know.

What has happened....Feelers to/for multiple (more than you have digits) people have been made through out the year. Freeze was one...he was maybe one that 'expected' to be a 'potential' candidate.

A decision to offer anyone has likely not been made and will likely not be made until after the weekend.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
Bullag8r;n121707 said:
You obviously need some remedial reading comprehension assistance, because I made a simple observation. Here is the quote:

Originally posted by Bullag8r View Post
As much as Foley may like what Freeze is doing, I don't believe he would bring Freeze to UF because of Freeze's outspoken and unapologetic Christian faith which is culturally acceptable in Oxford, but would be an ongoing point of controversy in Gainesville. Tim was regularly criticized and told to keep his faith to himself, even by Gator fans. Foley does not want a head football coach that is quoting the Bible and making unpopular decisions based on Christian principles.

Please tell me what is idiotic about anything in that statement. Put up or shut up.

Alright ... I'll be your huckleberry ...

"I don't believe he would bring Freeze to UF because of Freeze's outspoken and unapologetic Christian faith .." First off ... you point it out right from the get go that this is YOUR belief. So you believe that Foley believes that Freeze is outspoken and unapologetic Christian. And you believe that Foley doesn't want that. You believe that it is culturally accepted in Oxford but not in Gainesville. You believe it would be controversial in Gainesville. So basically ... this is your projection of your belief that Foley thinks Gainesville would not accept a guy that is an outspoken and unapologetic Christian. Not only is that text book projection, this whole observation is set up on the picture you paint of Freeze being a Christian jihadist type.

"Foley does not want a head football coach that is quoting the Bible and making unpopular decisions based on Christian principles." Well this here is a gem that you have provided and gives a lot of insight about you, not Foley. You have gone from saying "I believe" to going ahead and providing your opinion as a factual foundation to how Foley makes decisions. You also think that making decisions based on Christian principles is unpopular. Geesh man ... you are projecting so much in this little bitty paragraph and you are blind to it.

I am done with the conversation with you ... it is pretty obvious where you come from ... all I can say, and if I may quote one of the greatest players and person that ever wore the orange and blue ... GOD BLESS!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n121779 said:
Alright ... I'll be your huckleberry ...

"I don't believe he would bring Freeze to UF because of Freeze's outspoken and unapologetic Christian faith .." First off ... you point it out right from the get go that this is YOUR belief. So you believe that Foley believes that Freeze is outspoken and unapologetic Christian. And you believe that Foley doesn't want that. You believe that it is culturally accepted in Oxford but not in Gainesville. You believe it would be controversial in Gainesville. So basically ... this is your projection of your belief that Foley thinks Gainesville would not accept a guy that is an outspoken and unapologetic Christian. Not only is that text book projection, this whole observation is set up on the picture you paint of Freeze being a Christian jihadist type.

"Foley does not want a head football coach that is quoting the Bible and making unpopular decisions based on Christian principles." Well this here is a gem that you have provided and gives a lot of insight about you, not Foley. You have gone from saying "I believe" to going ahead and providing your opinion as a factual foundation to how Foley makes decisions. You also think that making decisions based on Christian principles is unpopular. Geesh man ... you are projecting so much in this little bitty paragraph and you are blind to it.

I am done with the conversation with you ... it is pretty obvious where you come from ... all I can say, and if I may quote one of the greatest players and person that ever wore the orange and blue ... GOD BLESS!
Seems to be a lot of anger here...chill...let him believe what he wants to believe. Shake the dust....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n121774 said:
This whole thread has been one big circle :jerkit:
considering your Av, I would think you'd be more supportive of that :naughty:

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
For those here getting all butthurt about bullag8r's comments.. do you honestly believe that nobody is ever bothered by evangelicals? Whether it bothered you or excited you - Tebow (who was NOT terribly in-your-face as much as some others) was occasionally criticized.. and lots of people simply got tired of it. If you truly don't recognize this as reality, there's no discussing this.

What bullag8r said about being 'acceptable in oxford' is absolutely true. Being an outspoken evangelical is FAR more acceptable in MS than in FL (at least the major metro areas).. not conjecture, but simple observation. It's called the 'bible belt' for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator