SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
And here's an interesting question. Of those three that were fired, how many added to their percentage(or even kept it the same) in the final year they were given?

The answer.: JM went backwards. Zook went backwards. And WM went slightly backwards. What that tells you is that everything we "learned" in 2004, 2014 and 2017, we already knew the year prior. That's just how this works. Waiting another season to see DM drop to .600 or below does nothing but delay the inevitable.

nailed it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd hate to see us make a bunch of staff changes. .
You have to over pay to hire someone for a 1 year contract or hire some garbage like "Jules" the 6th best recriiter from USF.

Anyone half way decent will demand a 3 or 4 year contract and anyone halfway decent wouldnt work with Douchebag Dan.

Our AD is famous for hiring people someone else just fired to save money. Maybe we could rent LSUs entire fired staff for a year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
per Barrett Sallee:
All while the SEC East is basically Conerence USA except for Ugly.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Cowbell booster buddy of mine called me this morning laughing at the Mullen media. Then he made a statement that brings it all full circle. Grantham was Mullen’s 4th choice for DC when he was hired. No one with any further aspirations wants to work with him. Think about it: If Hevesy or Gonzales were worth a sheeutt they’d be HC’s or OC’s elsewhere by now.
My wife worked in the HR department at UF, which oddly, is located in BHG, until just before Spurrier left. Her dept worked hand in hand with a good deal of the UAA staff. The same was said about Foley: no one with any feeling of self worth would work under him at the UAA, (meaning admin staff members, not necessarily coaches).
My point is this: If he can’t assemble a competent paid staff, what makes you think he could recruit 18 year old 5-stars?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I have no clue why Stricklin is awol either

Because Scottie has been ducking the media for months hoping the women's basketball scandal blows over without more national media noticing. He has nearly no-commented every article, then did a private, small group, unfilmed interview for only select lacky writers. He excluded anyone that was writing critically about the situation and has not been heard from since.

Scottie doesn't want to risk going out to speak positively or negatively about Mullen and having it blow up on him as a press conference about the women's situation (or look worse by completely avoiding addressing his role in that situation).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The dude is worse than Jeremy Foley. Extended butters. Hired , overpaid and extended Mullen. Extended Todd Grantham and didn't step in and fire him. Ignored the womens basketball team allegations. Wich is weird because apparently the coach was asss anyhow. Came in and promised to build the all in one facility and built a ****in baseball stadium instead. He's been terrible for the athletic department. A disaster.

https://y.yarn.co/dc216897-28e5-4e21-b028-38bc3193a4e9.mp4

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Serious question: If this hasn't happened yet, if Dan Mullen hasn't surrounded himself with good assistant coaches and recruiters, then why on earth would you think its going to happen now? Mullen is who he is. He's not going to change, and neither are the results.

Well he does have a boss who should be working to improve both him and his staff. I did not say I really expected it, just that was what is required in my uneducated opinion.

As a friend might say Simple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member