Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scrimmage saw big strides for defense. And only Barber was out due to injury on the OL.

Pup Howard had a big game. 3 interceptions by DBs.
Nice. Did we win ?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Had the offense lit it up you would have trashed the defense. Doesn't look like we could "win" this one in your eyes.
A defense that was quite literally the worst defense in the last 40 years of gator football just got really good all of a sudden, with zero coaching improvements I might add. Good enough to get 3 picks and shut down the offense. And your take is the defense is now great, not that the offense is still bad.

We will all be trashing the defense as soon as it plays someone other than mertz and tater.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tator scored 10 & 7 points in the O&B game last year versus Captain Jackoff's epically and hilariously bad defense.

If the defense has actually improved to even putrid status, I guess Shortbus Billy will score negative points, something like -14 to -10.

Man, the joy of year 3 is almost upon us.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I’m hilariously ambivalent to gator football right now. None of this preseason shyte means anything. All these puff pieces in the off season and then we lay an egg when it matters. I’ll wait till the season begins to judge. I will say it will suck not to be here in November when Billy taggert is canned to share it with you all.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez guys get real. The defense needs improvement more than anything. The offense the last two years has been ok, not horrible. Just nothing like we expect ala SOS or Meyer days. Remember the struggles of the ‘07 defense? They were super young but talented recruits, similar to last years defense. A year later the ‘08 defense was stellar. I’m saying we’ll see this type of turnaround, but there’s reasons to think we will improved. I’d rather hear the defense is ahead of the offense at this point. We have some weapons on offense returning from last year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Truth be told the defense is almost always ahead early on in any football camp at any level.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say with some certainty that the defense will be better by anyone's standards.

Secondly, I would like to know more about the ints. Were they hurries? Tip balls? I'll also say this right now, I think Crenshaw will have the biggest influence on this offense of anyone. If he can play LT at this level Mertz's life will be much easier....if he can't play LT Mertz will likely end up in the hospital by mid season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez guys get real. The defense needs improvement more than anything. The offense the last two years has been ok, not horrible. Just nothing like we expect ala SOS or Meyer days. Remember the struggles of the ‘07 defense? They were super young but talented recruits, similar to last years defense. A year later the ‘08 defense was stellar. I’m saying we’ll see this type of turnaround, but there’s reasons to think we will improved. I’d rather hear the defense is ahead of the offense at this point. We have some weapons on offense returning from last year.
How many years have you said last year was 07 and this year was good? Since 2015?

Not going to bother showing you the talent differences, or the stats that shows that the 07 defense was a top 40 defense not a 120th. There are literally zero players on this team that would start on the 07 or 08 defense. Zero.

And if you think Billy Retard's 60th ranked scoring offense was "ok", welcome to Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.