• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Slow mo, I dont change sides, I accurately describe... with a slight bit of orange and blue glasses but not derangement. If Mullinz does well in recruiting, I tip my hat. if I like his enthusiasm and the way he's changed his persona some, I applaud him

It doesn't change his record however and his record is the most accurate indicator of what his future performance will be, just as Mcelstain's 27- 21 record was an accurate prediction of what he was going to be.

Hell it's not like I'm reaching here. It's like picking the higher-ranked teams to win in the NCAA tournament.

You show me a guy who dominated at Utah and Bowling fvkking Green, or with the Bandits and at Duke, I will show yu guys who will continue to win championships. You show me guys who are 27-21 or 33-37, I show you a guy who will be 7-5 or 8-4, at best.

Moreover, I can hope Mullinz does better and know that he probably won't.
I have known politicians who have not been on both sides of many issues.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Idk if frost was always going to Nebraska. I think we burned that bridge when we went after Kelly . I woulda hired Norvell and whatever baggage he has in a heart beat over mullen. I might have even considered Chad Morris but those are just a few off the top of my head.
So out of spite for Mullen? And you think they would have embraced the school this way? Going in to sororities? Interesting

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think a lot of you are full of shyt but thats coming from the guy posting on the john right now

For the love of God, man, light a freakin' match.

Q8ERQ.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So out of spite for Mullen? And you think they would have embraced the school this way? Going in to sororities? Interesting
Dude, i could give a shcit a how well mullen's embraced the school. He's getting paid 6 mil a year, he damn well better embrace the school. The truth of the matter is he's off to an ok maybe even solid start, not great. I'm hoping he does well here but I'm not gonna pretend he was the best hire possible simply because he's who we hired. Hell, we have a whole thread making fun of Tennessee for that shcit.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Dude, i could give a shcit a how well mullen's embraced the school. He's getting paid 6 mil a year, he damn well better embrace the school. The truth of the matter is he's off to an ok maybe even solid start, not great. I'm hoping he does well here but I'm not gonna pretend he was the best hire possible simply because he's who we hired. Hell, we have a whole thread making fun of Tennessee for that shcit.
Thats not the question. Who would be doing it better? Because I have a hard time believing two dudes from conference usa castoff schools would be

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thats not the question. Who would be doing it better? Because I have a hard time believing two dudes from conference usa castoff schools would be
It's hard to say who would be doing better. We haven't played a game yet. I guess mullen is doing great at wanting to be here. Probably better than anybody.

But you asked if their was any other hires to make and i gave you my opinion on where i would have probably gone before him.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It's hard to say who would be doing better. We haven't played a game yet. I guess mullen is doing great at wanting to be here. Probably better than anybody.

But you asked if their was any other hires to make and i gave you my opinion on where i would have probably gone before him.
YOUR OPINION IS WRONG

Nah jk. Im just trying to get at swonkey is negative for literally no reason. Its a 180 from mac and thats what we all wanted.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
YOUR OPINION IS WRONG

Nah jk. Im just trying to get at swonkey is negative for literally no reason. Its a 180 from mac and thats what we all wanted.
Definitely an upgrade and i believe he'll bring some stability.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is more painful for me than you know.

I agree with Swonkey.

While a tremendous upgrade from Shytstain, Mullen has more or less floundered in relative obscurity. If MSU is “easily one of the worst football schools in the nation” (skinny-jeans’ words), then why couldn’t he coach himself out of there for over 7 years? If anyone other than the former MSU AD was here, wouldn’t Mullen probably still be there?

I’m in “wait and see”, and like Swonkey, I’ve liked what I’ve seen in recruiting and culture, but “everything is great” this time of year. Leopards can’t change their spots, and when other top coaching spots have opened up in the prior 5-6 years, I’ve never heard Mullen’s name mentioned as a top candidate. What has changed, that he’s now worthy of the best job in college football? Or is he the best you can get for a “once great” job, that has been relegated to 2nd tier.

I’ll let my eyeballs decide where I am on Mullen this season. I’m hopeful, but I’m not falling for Chump/Stain again.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

I agree with Swonkey.

While a tremendous upgrade from Shytstain, Mullen has more or less floundered in relative obscurity. If MSU is “easily one of the worst football schools in the nation” (skinny-jeans’ words), then why couldn’t he coach himself out of there for over 7 years? If anyone other than the former MSU AD was here, wouldn’t Mullen probably still be there?

I’m in “wait and see”, and like Swonkey, I’ve liked what I’ve seen in recruiting and culture, but “everything is great” this time of year. Leopards can’t change their spots, and when other top coaching spots have opened up in the prior 5-6 years, I’ve never heard Mullen’s name mentioned as a top candidate. What has changed, that he’s now worthy of the best job in college football? Or is he the best you can get for a “once great” job, that has been relegated to 2nd tier.

I’ll let my eyeballs decide where I am on Mullen this season. I’m hopeful, but I’m not falling for Chump/Stain again.
I dont know how one can rationally argue one way without accepting the entirety of the situation. I can’t imagine how hard it is to win at MSU. Probably harder than Vanderbilt. Yet if Franklin had stayed on and didnt go to PSU what would you be saying about him? He didnt win a natty at Vandy! He didnt even win the East! Of course fking not its Vandy and its MSU. But Franklin is one of the best young coaches in the game. Idk what Mullen is going to do here but florida is a fresh slate and is in no way comparable to a job one can do at MSU or Vandy. Higher platform, better recruiting base, better support, better staff support. Better everything. And he’s got 5 5 stars to visit in 7 days, has systematically set up visits (Kaiir Elam is visiting the same day Matt Elam is working out at pro day. Zero coincidence there). He is organized and doing everything that needs to he done and then some. Im just saying none of you look like the smartest guy in the room if he fails. So why be negative?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

I agree with Swonkey.

This is reasonable, but two points: apparently Tennessee would have taken him if we hadn't; and since Swonkey's position is fluid, you have to specify the day on which his position is stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator