Sep 8, 2014
9136432.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's been getting mentions in almost every article I've read this spring. I expect him to see the field, but we have a lot of depth at WR.
We do have great depth, but the WR room gets very empty next year after like 4 to 6 dudes leave.

He is getting a lot of press but remember he's playing with Kyle Trash against the rest of the fourth stringers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We do have great depth, but the WR room gets very empty next year after like 5 or 6 dudes leave.

He is getting a lot of press but remember he's playing with Kyle Trash against the rest of the fourth stringers.

Agree Law....but I'm just referring to this season and him getting on the field. With this year's depth, he's going to have a hard time getting on the field. He's very similar to Toney also (and they both were HS QBs). I'm actually excited to see what the kid can do. He's a curve ball type WR in our offense and has the explosiveness to make plays. He was a steal getting him as a walk-on (I'm sure he could have landed at a 1AA on a scholarship if he wanted to go that route). He has gotten some reps w/ the 1's, so it's not all walk-on vs. walk-on.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not according to practice reports of non contact QBs

Yeah ... went back and reread the link that donkey shared and see that he was wearing the non-contact jersey. However, it does read like it was kinda ignored after the first hit and Franks wasn't complaining about getting hit nor was Mullen, who praised the attitude.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I could be wrong. I'll try to find the scholarship break down somewhere...
Wasn’t that, just thought the wording was off, so I asked. It would have been a Butters move to give a walk-on a ship when we’re weeding people out

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Right? A real suck up.
Not sucking up. I don't always agree with ox (Chip Kelly is probably tops on that list) but I thought his post distilled down Gators frustrations with Foley, Chump, Butters and Franks.

I can even add that Gators have been very fortunate to have two of the best QBs in history, Wuerffel and Tebow. Both of those guys were true leaders and team players who conducted themselves as gentlemen. So it's frustrating to see Franks act like some kind of primadonna when really he's just been another inaccurate guy with a huge arm.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not sucking up. I don't always agree with ox (Chip Kelly is probably tops on that list) but I thought his post distilled down Gators frustrations with Foley, Chump, Butters and Franks.

I can even add that Gators have been very fortunate to have two of the best QBs in history, Wuerffel and Tebow. Both of those guys were true leaders and team players who conducted themselves as gentlemen. So it's frustrating to see Franks act like some kind of primadonna when really he's just been another inaccurate guy with a huge arm.

Just playin dude.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think this is indicative of Franks' continued growth. I'm sure Mullen's message was that he needs to become more physical and more available to sacrifice himself for the team.
This X 1000....Different sh!t works on different players. Franks has spent a year and half undoing the mind f vck that Butters did to him. Franks is a big rugged QB and Butters tried to make him a finesse pocket QB:facepalm:....

If Franks makes even marginal improvements in the passing game and continues to gain confidence as a runner.....look out.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He'll never make it through the season playing like the end of last year....

You may be right, but one thing about Franks that seems to be under appreciated is his durability. He took a beating 2 years ago and last year he had to become more physical of a player. Don’t really recall him getting hurt in spite of all that. Sure he got his bumps, but don’t remember him missing time due to it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You may be right, but one thing about Franks that seems to be under appreciated is his durability. He took a beating 2 years ago and last year he had to become more physical of a player. Don’t really recall him getting hurt in spite of all that. Sure he got his bumps, but don’t remember him missing time due to it.

This is a good point. Weak OL has been a decade long curse. Franks has proved durable thus far, and one can hope Savage makes him stronger and better able to take those beatings.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014

So it's frustrating to see Franks act like some kind of primadonna when really he's just been another inaccurate guy with a huge arm.
It’s Pre-Madonna. Don’t make me tell you again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator