Spurrier Comedy at Practice

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I dont' know how people don't like this guy.... hilarious!

[video=youtube;zkOIAD2eI0A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOIAD2eI0A[/video]

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He always said "if they like you, you ain't winning", or something along those lines...

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Quite correct if you are dominating a team their fans dislike you quite a bit which is why we want all of our opponent's fans to hate us a lot. The problem is when or if they actually do something about their hate. That is very bad.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
VulcanAlex;n259807 said:
our opponent's fans hate us a lot

714bc3b6ce02c943bf95d5b8a6cf5713.jpg

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's moments like that that make you wish he had never left . . . he's always been good for a good quip, now we know he can do comedy, too. :)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed out loud, LOUDLY in my office cube when he said kickers are like the army, LEFT RIGHT LEFT. :rotfl:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n259852 said:
I laughed out loud, LOUDLY in my office cube when he said kickers are like the army, LEFT RIGHT LEFT. :rotfl:

Hey I resemble that remark....hell I laughed as well

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Actually, I don't remember if he talked that way in the preseason, but Vince Dooley was the master at poormouthing his team before playing Florida. Every year he would come out with how he didn't see a prayer's chance in Hell of his poor undernourished, untalented, slower than molasses, etc. team of not losing by fifty points to UF. His approach was much different than Muschamp's, who always told about Florida being a "very good" team.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n259965 said:
Actually, I don't remember if he talked that way in the preseason, but Vince Dooley was the master at poormouthing his team before playing Florida. Every year he would come out with how he didn't see a prayer's chance in Hell of his poor undernourished, untalented, slower than molasses, etc. team of not losing by fifty points to UF. His approach was much different than Muschamp's, who always told about Florida being a "very good" team.

Are you a gator fan?

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier is just an awesome coach. At times I wish he had never left but it wasn't meant to be and who knows he may have burnt out by now and we may not have those two extra nation championships.
I have always been a believer that everything happens for a reason.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n259852 said:

That one got me as well. :lol:

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
bradgator2;n259998 said:
Are you a gator fan?

I guess you must be too young to remember Vince Dooley. I brought him up because its such a contrast to how coaches now talk about their team. I don't understand it, though, because I think it's a brilliant psychological ploy. It's similar to one of my favorite characters, Columbo, who always portrayed himself as a likeable bumpkin when, in reality, he was just the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.