Spurrier speaks out on the play calling

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
McNeese, Miller, Mertz, Motorboating............im seeing a pattern here..........mom's maybe............

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is encouraging. Tells me Billy is a guy that evolves and adapts. No wonder what we see on the field now is not what he was doing 5 years ago. He LEARNS what works and sculpts his offense accordingly.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Somewhere in Gainesville, Napier is uttering these words...
How Could You Betrayal GIF by Kinda Funny
NO, cause he aint't Julius Caesar.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Someone here made a comment about Gator fans motorboating Kiffin's butt cheeks while our cheeks were getting clapped.

I have had nightmares about this visual since then, but he can win 10 games a year.................
youve seen it happen nearly every Saturday for the past 2 fall seasons.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, one thing is certain. His going into year 3 with exactly one series under his belt against McNeese(barring injuries) is about as poorly planned as is possible. Just mind numbing.

I’ve been a big supporter of Mertz and don’t think he’s our biggest problem. That said, I’m not sure we have a lot to lose here. Brown looked the best of all three in the Spring, and played well against McNeese St. Yes, he’ll throw a screen too high or misfire elsewhere at times, maybe even throw a pick. But I also feel like he’ll make throws that GM cannot. So while he’s have maybe had two INTs Saturday compared to one, what if he hits Douglas on the second series? Or hits RP in the end zone against Utah. This games may just end differently. But even if not, a loss is a loss, regardless of how it comes. But at least we won’t know for a certainty that it’s over if we’re down 2 scores in the 4th. We’ve seen enough to know that as flawed as AR was, he also made some plays that kept us in things as well. We don’t have that right now. So to echo our now banned legal expert, throwing bad passes is ok. DW threw picks. But he also threw TDs. This terrified money, can’t turn it over approach isn’t working.

I’ll just say if things go blah against Vu early on, it needs to be considered. If nothing else, I can tell you the what the guy mentioned in this thread title would do.
were honestly concerned about his accuracy? at this point who freaking cares. weve got maybe the most statistically accurate qb in the country and we can barely score and rarely win. clearly there's a lot more to worry abou than accuracy.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We paid $50 million + for this.... JFC
Stricklin. At least they went 9-4 that year. We would be rolling with 9 wins. What I do not get with Napier is the blind spot. He knew his offense had not worked in the big league, must have suspected he was fired for it, that his QB and WRs underwhelmed, and seems to have disregarded and is now seeing again that his ideas do not translate well in conferences against top staffs and rosters- not that kentucky or Utah are the best of the best.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
were honestly concerned about his accuracy? at this point who freaking cares. weve got maybe the most statistically accurate qb in the country and we can barely score and rarely win. clearly there's a lot more to worry abou than accuracy.

Yeah this guy is probably gonna break the UF record for completion % in a season, lol.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is another write off year.

Just hope we sign a really good class and in the off season BN decides to concentrate on the rebuild /CEO vs being a $hitty OC.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go To the 37 min mark.

In two years, Napier had 4 wide outs on the field at the same time twice. Conversely, USC has been in a four wide receiver set 360 times.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Multiple sources told SDS this week that Napier will make a change in the offseason and bring in his own coordinator. Time will tell if that is impactful, but first and foremost, Napier the CEO has to get the hire for who replaces Napier the coordinator right.

Here is a pretty good read from SDS.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is encouraging. Tells me Billy is a guy that evolves and adapts. No wonder what we see on the field now is not what he was doing 5 years ago. He LEARNS what works and sculpts his offense accordingly.

I like how the OP says he's moving on from this topic, then drops a giant turd in the punch bowl and walks away.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Multiple sources told SDS this week that Napier will make a change in the offseason and bring in his own coordinator. Time will tell if that is impactful, but first and foremost, Napier the CEO has to get the hire for who replaces Napier the coordinator right.

Here is a pretty good read from SDS.

I understand it'll be Joe Brady, currently a hot shot NFL QB Coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator