Star Wars

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just got thru, I really enjoyed it. Like the young characters very much. And it didn't have a real CGI feel but instead was similar to the old ones. Looking fwd to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just got thru, I really enjoyed it. Like the young characters very much. And it didn't have a real CGI feel but instead was similar to the old ones. Looking fwd to the next.

Yeah, the young hero is definitely the millennial thing to do. Ever notice how on earlier tv shows that the kids were the silly ones always getting into trouble while the wise parents guided them through the process of growing up? Now every show depicts the parents as imbeciles that their wise kids tolerate.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the young hero is definitely the millennial thing to do. Ever notice how on earlier tv shows that the kids were the silly ones always getting into trouble while the wise parents guided them through the process of growing up? Now every show depicts the parents as imbeciles that their wise kids tolerate.
That is very true. I do like the girl, Rey, though. And like the little droid unit as well.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You should have saved your money and just watched Episode IV again.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I loved it and have seen it twice. I thought they did a great job overall. Visually it was amazing and they introduced the new characters and setup a lot of options and a ton of questions and debate.

It certainly was very similar to IV and VI, but it was clear they did that on purpose. I think the key to how good this movie will be is how good VIII and IX are. This movie was a setup to get us to the next two. If the next two deliver then the setup looks even better, but if the next two flop then the setup will be looked at as a flop as well.

I can't wait for Rogue One to come out. I think that movie has a ton of potential.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You should have saved your money and just watched Episode IV again.
I think the similarities, orphan kid, desolate dessert area, strong with the force but not realizing it, happening into a central role in a fight for the future of the galaxy seemingly randomly, etc. were by design. Sort of implying that the force has a consistent method of bringing about its endstate.

In summary, don't be so negative wobbs :)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the similarities, orphan kid, desolate dessert area, strong with the force but not realizing it, happening into a central role in a fight for the future of the galaxy seemingly randomly, etc. were by design. Sort of implying that the force has a consistent method of bringing about its endstate.

In summary, don't be so negative wobbs :)

As the great short arm, extinct, dino philosopher would say, "I am not being negative, I am only being realistic."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As the great short arm, extinct, dino philosopher would say, "I am not being negative, I am only being realistic."
Dude, you are stroking it. I like it when you actually post.... you know, more than one word.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.