Star Wars

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Were there any Vulcans? Perhaps that is where Alex has been.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I thought it was good, but somethings were odd. How was Finn able to wield a lightsaber? Rey's powers grew so quickly she could take on Ren no problem. And why did the supreme leader look like a rehashed Gollum?

Finn is a trained stormtrooper so he has some training wielding batons, etc. And he got his ass kicked.
Rey trained as a youngling - her memory has been repressed - plus she's a super Jedi.
What's a Gollum?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last thing I didn't like was what came across to me as less homage, and more straight rip-off...
Spoilers stop reading if you want.

Straight rip-off is on point. There is a person captured by the bad guys, who sends out critical info hidden in a droid, who crashes on a desert planet, who is saved by a young person who is full of the force, who then gets info to the rebels, who fly down a trench and kill a big base that kills planets? Really? That is a homage? There is a damn trench on a planet?

This could have been #1 Star Wars/#4 A New Hope Redux if they just changed the names. It's certainly closer than some of the Redux for Spiderman, Star Trek etc.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
pgunckn50m.jpg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So did the other storm troopers call Finn an Uncle Tom for leaving to fight with the Rebels?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Spoilers stop reading if you want.

Straight rip-off is on point. There is a person captured by the bad guys, who sends out critical info hidden in a droid, who crashes on a desert planet, who is saved by a young person who is full of the force, who then gets info to the rebels, who fly down a trench and kill a big base that kills planets? Really? That is a homage? There is a damn trench on a planet?

This could have been #1 Star Wars/#4 A New Hope Redux if they just changed the names. It's certainly closer than some of the Redux for Spiderman, Star Trek etc.
Don't forget that during the escape of the big base, our heroes watch on as the main bad guy kills the beloved old guy with a light saber.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to see it this evening. Finally got an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator