Stricklin talks to the Sentinel about Facilities, UF future

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's a shame our AD's office is so smug, arrogant, and incompetent. Also glad to hear Mullen pumping the facilities. I hope he chewed some ass about the delays.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2030? Or so?

2032?

2035?

Billy D's OC renovation, promised to him with his 1998 contract extension arrived about 15 years late. Let's hope they're not this bad this time.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are certainly on par for greatness no doubt.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2030? Or so?

2032?

2035?

Billy D's OC renovation, promised to him with his 1998 contract extension arrived about 15 years late. Let's hope they're not this bad this time.

Link?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Source is someone on Billy's staff back then. I might be off onnthe year. Whatever year we lost to Mich State.

The funniest thing is these fvkking morons are still stuffing their mattresses and think nome of the 140 million they get every DAMN year should be spent on facilities.

Still pleading poverty and claiming we need to raise more money to even afford something other than ghetto for the fvkking football team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Source is someone on Billy's staff back then. I might be off onnthe year. Whatever year we lost to Mich State.

The funniest thing is these fvkking morons are still stuffing their mattresses and think nome of the 140 million they get every DAMN year should be spent on facilities.

A vague memory from two decades ago. Got it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk you.

You have a vague memory of when you changed your depends.

Funny thing is I somehow have a better memory than someone many years my junior. Or should I just acknowledge that I’m ahead because of your selective memory?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Well we have to take what we can get and I am certainly appreciative for that $5M gift, but I have to think rationally and feel at this rate I won;t see it in my lifetime. Again, 5 MIl is generous but put in towards what we need (which is probably 500 MIL plus), it is merely petty cash.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hate to admit it, but that lends credence to the canard that the admin is more interested in academics than football.
That's exactly what he is saying. Thats the new direction for the University and that leaves football out in the cold. Of course it will keep Tennis, softball, gymnastics, soccer and probably baseball rolling along so take solace in that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, we announced our football all in one in 2015, Uga announced an IPF and all in one, Uga actually builtntheirs in 2017.

And now they are doing an 80 million expansion.

All while we painted the lockerroom.

And we dontje same fvkkingnthing with every other aspect of the program, on field coaching staff, quality staff, recruiters, all of it.

Nickel and dime all the way.

While stuffing a top 10 revenue in their pocket.

We should have kept McGarrity and flushed Fooley. I guess McGarrity learned first hand how quickly being a slumlord can kill a program.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well we have to take what we can get and I am certainly appreciative for that $5M gift, but I have to think rationally and feel at this rate I won;t see it in my lifetime. Again, 5 MIl is generous but put in towards what we need (which is probably 500 MIL plus), it is merely petty cash.

Shoot, $5 million can be stretched a looooong ways shopping at Big Lots!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
All while we painted the lockerroom.

Nickel and dime all the way.

You forgot to mention the new Chinese manufactured carpet squares from Lumber Liquidators (formaldehyde included). You’re always understating what Foley really has done. Damn, you’re a negative Nellie.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We can bitch. We can moan. But we might as well face it, The school is much more interested in climbing the "best public school ladder" than they are in returning to football dominance. This latest Strickland "don't want to be hasty" comment is simply conformation. As long as we're a little above the middle of the pack, it appears that will be fine with them.

Football school? What? They, don't want to be known as a football school. Well I guess I have no choice but to be that's OK with that. I have degrees and my son has a degree from our non football school. So those degrees look that much better. Just admit what you plan to be. Then we can all stop bitching and move on.The Ray Graves era returns. Summary of our future seasons: almost but not quite.

Meanwhile Bama, the Leg humpers, LSU and others who decide to be a football school will beat our a.s.s.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This photo from the article looks like it's from 1978.

J5B25I52TBHVNJKQW5532KIOYY.jpg

Why the wide ties, guys?

upload_2020-2-21_6-56-56.png upload_2020-2-21_6-56-56.png

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pic from 2017 coaches bio. Mullen wore the same tie in 2006 coaches bio picture, but I can’t find it right now.....that damn tie is at least 15 years old and he wears it in almost every photo opportunity......check google....damn, Megan, y’all make millions, buy your guy some modern ties, at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator