Wow - I guess we are movin' on up.
Let's hope this translates into a CWS champeenship

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm confused. I thought we wanted his head for not winning it all every time he made it to Omaha? :dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;248807 said:
I'm confused. I thought we wanted his head for not winning it all every time he made it to Omaha? :dunno:
It's a debate we'll be having every single year, unfortunately.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a great coach. Hopefully we can get a couple championships from his tenure.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n248817 said:
It's a debate we'll be having every single year, unfortunately.

You are officially the Law of baseball.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. Another top tier outstanding class to surround Sully when he chokes again in Omaha.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sulley-MU.png

chesleysullenbergerinter200.jpg

Both of these Sullys would have a better shot at winning in Omaha.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One guy coming in, Liput, batted .451and another, Maldonado batted .419 …. plus a plethora of really good pitching.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Puk will finally be ready to pitch again.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brutal crowd.

As a lifelong Gator, 6 years on campus, and played baseball from tball until a senior in high school.... I am ashamed to admit I have never been to a UF baseball game.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
The fact that he is able to get these types of kids here with what amounts to not much more than your average municipal rec league stadium is very impressive. He gets us there, its on the players to step up, he can't take the blame for guys not stepping up. We ran in to the wrong arm at the wrong time in the first game against Virginia, if we put up 2 runs in that game I believe we're national champs right now. To put the fact that one guy who is pretty damn good shut out bats down can't be put on Sullivan in my opinion.

He isn't putting guys through tommy johns surgery at all and hes obviously developing the talent to get ready for the next level - look at the amount of players Sullivan has recruited that are now in the majors compared to any other era of Gator baseball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
heavychevy;n249008 said:
The fact that he is able to get these types of kids here with what amounts to not much more than your average municipal rec league stadium is very impressive. He gets us there, its on the players to step up, he can't take the blame for guys not stepping up.
Sometimes it's hard for pitchers to "step up" in elimination games from the bench.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
oxrageous;n249010 said:
Sometimes it's hard for pitchers to "step up" in elimination games from the bench.

And you'd probably be the first person to criticize sully if we put up 15 on Virginia with Puk starting and had to put Dunning out to start against Vandy. Or are you saying Puk should've been the first reliever?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It would appear these top-notch HS players and their families have confidence in Sully and UF despite what our armchair "experts" think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
heavychevy;n249012 said:
And you'd probably be the first person to criticize sully if we put up 15 on Virginia with Puk starting and had to put Dunning out to start against Vandy.
No, if possible you start your best in elimination games. Doesn't seem like that hard of a concept to me.

Sully gambled and lost. The criticism on that decision is 100% warranted, and Sully knew he would be hearing it if they lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.