Summers oline coach

GatorsRock21

Sep 5, 2015
Is Coach Mac going to keep Summers. I heard his contract isn't up until after signing day. I know he has a lot of experience but I feel we need a new guy coaching these boys.What does everyone else think? I'm tired of dead fish. It been 5 years of torcher with this guy. It all starts on the line of scrimmage. I'm looking forward to signing day. Trying to stay positive. Go Gators.......

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Depth was a real problem this year. Hard to put it all on Summers. What's puzzling is that he had a stellar resume before he got here (kinda like the previous OCs) and has struggled since. I tend to think the depth (created by the chump legacy) has a lot to do with it. Or I'm just a sunshine pumper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This was his 2nd year. Don't honestly know whether he's good or not

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's done a good job with the guys we have. I'd like to see some continuity.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Cant really judge him based on this year's unit. If anything he should be given credit. It's not like he's working with 5* JRs and SRs.
If you're looking for a coaching change look at ST's. Nord coached TE's and ST. TE's were productive but special teams were a disaster. And ST's have more to do with coaching than with players.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Need to see what our boys look like next year after some weight training. This year they just looked like everyone else was bigger and stronger than them. Let's see what he can do with them when size and strength is more equal.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I saw improvement even with the dumpster fire crew we had to work with. Lets see what next year looks like....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Line play actually improved. More pass protection than run blocking. We'll probably have 3 true Sophs starting on the line next year and maybe a RSFr.

ST's weren't bad except for Hardin. Punter and punt coverage was good. Return game improved with Callaway over Powell.

Despite all of our talent, talent was the biggest issue this year. Next year I expect us to have 2 Fr WR's starting by the end of the year. One opposite of Callaway and one in the slot.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Next year I expect us to have 2 Fr WR's starting by the end of the year. One opposite of Callaway and one in the slot.
What about Worton? Does Mac just hate the guy or what? He had the best catch of the year against Bama.....then disappears again!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What about Worton? Does Mac just hate the guy or what? He had the best catch of the year against Bama.....then disappears again!
Apparently he's not very mature. I don't know if he's another Hardin type or not. No one has ever denied his talent.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Summers is one of the best coaches on this staff. We'd be fools to let him go

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Summers is merely the "bag man" for recruiting purposes. If he's going to lose his job it will be for injecting Grier with the wrong steroid.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Line play actually improved. More pass protection than run blocking. We'll probably have 3 true Sophs starting on the line next year and maybe a RSFr.

ST's weren't bad except for Hardin. Punter and punt coverage was good. Return game improved with Callaway over Powell.

Despite all of our talent, talent was the biggest issue this year. Next year I expect us to have 2 Fr WR's starting by the end of the year. One opposite of Callaway and one in the slot.

Isn't Hardin somewhat on the coach. I mean you should be able to teach him to kick it over the lineman's armpits. Don't forget the LSU fake field goal that everyone new was coming except the guys on the field. Seems we got fooled a few other times. Not to mention our own failed fake FG and fake punt yesterday. Plus what's with the returners catching the ball 5 yards deep in the end zone and running it out every time. Shouldn't that be emphasized in the spring.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Summers is a tough one to figure. OLine dudes tend to be more cerebral, less maniacal ( as opposed to most other positions) Some of the recruits for Oline have said they prefer Summers for his more quiet, teaching approach than other schools' Oline coaches.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't Hardin somewhat on the coach. I mean you should be able to teach him to kick it over the lineman's armpits. Don't forget the LSU fake field goal that everyone new was coming except the guys on the field. Seems we got fooled a few other times. Not to mention our own failed fake FG and fake punt yesterday. Plus what's with the returners catching the ball 5 yards deep in the end zone and running it out every time. Shouldn't that be emphasized in the spring.
Hardin is a complete F up. He's done squat this year, last year, or before except touchbacks and the Vandy FG.

Someone with more knowledge can chime in on who calls for blocks, returns, safes, etc. For all I know Nord coaches and Mac makes the calls. He is the lowest paid from what I heard.

I could care less if he stays or not, but the TE's played well and ST did more positive than negative outside of Hardin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator